Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Las Vegas HD terrible

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Las Vegas HD terrible

Visited Las Vegas HD this last week and this is the worst dealership I have ever been in. The people were rude, and the store was posted "No Guns". Should not have gone in when I saw the sign.

They had a 2014 Limited CVO with an enhancement of 3,000 in the options section of the price sheet. When I asked what that was the salesman said that all dealers added premium pricing to models like the CVO's or other hard to get bikes.

I told her that I have been all over the country and in many shops and had never seen that, and she basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about.

Bill

Old 07-27-2014, 09:03 AM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billnourse
Visited Las Vegas HD this last week and this is the worst dealership I have ever been in. The people were rude, and the store was posted "No Guns". Should not have gone in when I saw the sign.

They had a 2014 Limited CVO with an enhancement of 3,000 in the options section of the price sheet. When I asked what that was the salesman said that all dealers added premium pricing to models like the CVO's or other hard to get bikes.

I told her that I have been all over the country and in many shops and had never seen that, and she basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about.

Bill
I was there...both the dealerships in Vegas are like that...as phonie as cocktail waitresses. If you ask about the pricing abuse ,they act like you couldn't afford it if you had to ask. I have no idea how they sell CVO's for those prices.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:56 AM
fdxguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a customer there for 17 years. I have nothing bad to say about them. They have bent over backwards for me on everything from bike sales, service and parts. To bad you had a bad experience.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:15 AM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

A business ought to be able to price their products any way they want to. If they can get $3000 over MSRP for that CVO why shouldn't they? It's a business. True, the sales guy should be more professional in explaining local market conditions. As for the no guns unless you carry yours open, just keep it in your pocket like everyone else. No big deal.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:16 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by fdxguy
I've been a customer there for 17 years. I have nothing bad to say about them. They have bent over backwards for me on everything from bike sales, service and parts. To bad you had a bad experience.
3,000 price gouge is bending over backwards on bike sales????

Bill

Old 07-27-2014, 10:25 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by mtgriz
A business ought to be able to price their products any way they want to. If they can get $3000 over MSRP for that CVO why shouldn't they? It's a business. True, the sales guy should be more professional in explaining local market conditions. As for the no guns unless you carry yours open, just keep it in your pocket like everyone else. No big deal.
They can price however they want. Just like you can take it in the rear by paying 3,000 more than something is worth if you want to buy into the hype. Just like I can say that a dealer that does that to their customers is a lousy dealer.

As for carrying where it is posted, that is a great way to go to jail, lose gun rights and become a convicted felon. To me that is a big deal. All it would take is for you to trip and break a leg, etc. Your gun gets found by the paramedics, and you get a felony rap. To me, breaking a gun law is a big deal, just as price gouging is.

Bill

Last edited by billnourse; 07-27-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:34 AM
fdxguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3,000 price gouge is bending over backwards on bike sales????

Bill
Bill, come on, when have you paid what the price of a tag or a window sticker said. I've seen "adjusted market pricing" on limited or special edition cars, trucks and motorcycles all over the country, it's not just a Vegas thing. I never paid any $3000 "Price gouge" If someone is an educated consumer, they will get a great deal, period. When its all said and done, what does it matter what a tag on a bike at an out of state dealer says unless you came there to by said bike?

Old 07-27-2014, 10:38 AM
HazyHog
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Bill

Yeah I hear you... when I see a business that doesn't support our constitution I take my money and my business elsewhere.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:42 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

As for carrying where it is posted, that is a great way to go to jail, lose gun rights and become a convicted felon.
Actually it is considered recreational trespassing.

All they can do is ask you to leave. If you fail to leave, then the law can give you a fine. Kind of like a parking ticket.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:42 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by fdxguy
Bill, come on, when have you paid what the price of a tag or a window sticker said. I've seen "adjusted market pricing" on limited or special edition cars, trucks and motorcycles all over the country, it's not just a Vegas thing. I never paid any $3000 "Price gouge" If someone is an educated consumer, they will get a great deal, period. When its all said and done, what does it matter what a tag on a bike at an out of state dealer says unless you came there to by said bike?
It may not be just a Vegas thing, but last September I went from Bloomfield, NM to Gettysburg, PA, Virginia, etc, for 6,300 miles and 26 States. Visited a bunch of dealerships, and Vegas was the only one I came across.

Might add that I was in the market for a new lens for my camera, and two dealers I went to had what I wanted for 200 to 500 over MSRP, so maybe it is just a Vegas thing. Kinda like the 5.00 for a bottle of water.

Bill

Quick Reply: Las Vegas HD terrible