Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many use 2 different seats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 02:42 AM
frozensoul
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many use 2 different seats?

I have the stock one on my 2012 rgc that I had the super narrow mod done to and I love the seat and it gets flat foot but the rear portion of the seat my wife didn't like to well so I bought a super reduced reach seat that still gets my feet on the ground and provides a bigger back seat for her, she is a small gal but hated the back section of the stock one. only prob is a you know what cruncher so end of season im gona have mean city seats cut it down so im not so crunched, other than that I like it.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:10 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm 6' tall with 32" legs so I don't have a need for the reduced reach but like yours, my wife wanted more comfort. I got the sundowner seat which is great for her. For me, the padding is comfortable on my sit bones but it moves me forward so my ***** are on the tank pad. It also moves me higher which is ok except it reduces the effectiveness of the shield. I'll probably send it out to MCC over the winter to move me back and down. At this point the stock seat is actually more comfortable for me.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:49 AM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ve been tossing this idea around as well....have stock seat on for wife but prefer a solo seat.... takes few minutes to change but after time it becomes a pain... so for now i leave stock seat on..comfort over style

Old 07-28-2014, 06:09 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

I'm guilty of it!

I also wouldn't have it any other way.

Put the stock CVO saddle in the attic, and have a C&C Solo, 2-up Sports touring, HD Sundowner and switch them out all the time!

Takes a total of about 3 minutes.

YB

Old 07-28-2014, 06:16 AM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

2 up seat Mustang Super Touring

Solo seat Mustang Super Solo in sig pic .............

Old 07-28-2014, 07:45 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

If what the OP is asking is, 'who has two seats', then I am one of those. I keep the stock seat for me only on my 2006 Street Glide, and I have another one for when I ride two up. I use a Rick Doss quick release pin. Yes, I realize that this makes my seat more 'stealable', but I'm not in the habit of going from bar to bar and leaving the bike alone...if it's a deal where I am at a motel overnight, it's a easy deal to remove the 'stealable' things and take 'em in the room... So yeah, I think having two seats is completely a great idea!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:50 AM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the stock SG seat and a Mustang for when the lil lady rides..

Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Butts05Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock SG seat and a hammock seat for the Mrs.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:38 AM
screaminroadking
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts

Stock seat with no back rest when out riding solo or with the boys. Reduced reach seat with big backrest and big passenger pad for the girl when we are out riding long distance.
hate the look of that touring seat, looks like somebody stuck an over sized upside down skillet on the back of my bike. But it does keep her from bitching, so to me for the short time it's on there it's worth it.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:08 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

I use the stock seat when riding solo and have a low Ultra seat when the wife and tour pak are on the bike.

Quick Reply: how many use 2 different seats?