Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

it took almost a month, but my bike is FINALLY getting repaired

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 11:08 PM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default it took almost a month, but my bike is FINALLY getting repaired

after almost an entire month of back and forth between the dealership and the insurance co over the estimate, they've finally approve the repairs and have sent the check. so hopefully repairs will begin this weekend! Unfortunately, they still cant seem to give me an exact date when the work will be completed. but at least its finally getting fixed. I NEED MY BIKE BACK.

the insurance is still arguing with me over the value of my helmet, vest, gloves, etc. but i think we've come to an agreement that will cover everything. they want copies of the original recepits, and i dont have receipts for any of my gear anymore. But they seem willing to go off of a list of online price estimates. i'll find out if they accept it tomorrow

Old 07-31-2014, 11:42 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Hope every thing works out for you , hopefully they will get your bike back to you quickly

Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Smash
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What insurance company are you using?

Old 08-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Insurance Companies just plain SUCK these days! Happy to take your money for years but have anything happen and BAM! Your outta here. Hope it works out ok for you. Living in Vermont we have tons of gravel roads and broken windshields from kicked up rocks. Because of this Insurance Companies here offer extended glass coverage. Its not suppose to affect your premium. What they don't tell you is it will affect your allowed deductible amount. I had one Glass claim on my car and one on the wifes in one year. They sent me notice that because of my excessive glass claims. they will be raising my deductible for glass coverage from 150.00 to 500.00. Damn windshield is only 525.00! Its all about the stockholders in everything today.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:40 AM
Larry Davis
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Smash
What insurance company are you using?
Agree with Smash. We should have the name of the insurance company that is giving you a bunch of BS.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:47 AM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Its State Farm, the insurance co of the lady who hit me

Old 08-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Guy4oj
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to be a debbie downer.. but.. i laid my bike down in the rain on june 1.. bike went to the shop on june 5 and they started working on it a week later. They are still waiting on harley to get the painted parts in. They just today got the chrome pieces in. I was told it could be up to another 30 days. That means i would be bikeless for 90 days.. tragic.. ha Hope yours works out better

btw.. although they arent covering any clothes as it isnt cover under my policy, I have geico and they have been amazing.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Whodattom
Advanced
Default Don't forget!

Hit them for the cost of a rental vehicle for the time that you don't have the bike. Even if you don't need the rental they are liable for the equivalent of whatever they pay a day for a rental. I negotiated a 30 day rental when they were waiting for painted tins. Dont let them tell you they dont have to pay that for a bike, THEY DO.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:22 PM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope it all works out for you...and yes they line up to take your money but when it comes to paying a claim its like pulling teeth....Thankfully I haven't had to deal with it, but know plenty who have....

Old 08-01-2014, 09:52 PM
CajunGlide03
Cruiser

Ouch! Hate to hear all this since my bike has been in the shop for a week after a fender-bender (not my fault) last Saturday...

Quick Reply: it took almost a month, but my bike is FINALLY getting repaired