Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ordering process has begun for my road glide conversion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 07:45 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

Okay, I gathered up the list of the rest of the parts I need and have them sitting in my shopping cart on the kutter site. Just need to wait until 1 last eBay auction is over to see if I am the high bidder.

I have yet another question, does the outer have the brass threads in the to attach the inner to, or will I need anything special there? Since I got an aftermarket fairing, my guess is they won't be in there. If that is how they attach, if someone know the part # for those I will add them to my order.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Mark98012
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are 6 screws plus the lower brackets bolts.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:42 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

I got my Inner and outer today, I was pretty surprised it's here already, It wasn't supposed to get here until the 10th.

Looks really good, and I have no issues with the quality. I did get my order placed with Kutter, and the left turn signal bracket is on backorder. Out of 28 items ordered, only 1 thing, I guess thats not too bad. I tried to call them today to see if they can short ship my order, but the guy there had a message that he was on vacation. I guess I will call on Tuesday. - Does anybody know hoe Kutter handles a back order? just wondering if they will hold up everything else or if they will ship what they have and will send the backorder item when it comes in.

I ended up ordering the fairing gaskets, and the new aftermarket fairing came with them, so I may ask them to pull those off the order.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:56 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

I went for a ride today and stopped by New Castle HD and look what was in the lot, seems like somebody had my paint Idea before me, only using orange instead of yellow. - May need to rethink my design, LOL.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I went for a ride today and stopped by New Castle HD and look what was in the lot, seems like somebody had my paint Idea before me, only using orange instead of yellow. - May need to rethink my design, LOL.
I think you should still use your idea. If there were 15 of those sitting there, I think it would be a different story. I personally have only seen one with the original scheme in person and I go to bike nights and rallies all the time. Stick with your gut, it'll look bad a$$!

Old 08-31-2014, 04:43 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

I used and e glide interconnect harness

Had to extend speedo and tach

Everything else fit

For splitter for headlight

Its a specific part number you can order

Old 08-31-2014, 04:51 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigskyroadglide
I used and e glide interconnect harness

Had to extend speedo and tach

Everything else fit

For splitter for headlight

Its a specific part number you can order
THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!! As I did not buy one, I figured it would oly be a few wires. I did order the split wire for the headlights, so I should be good to go.

Thank you for letting me know, this was my only concern..

Old 08-31-2014, 05:00 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

My suggestion when you extend the harness insert the extension wires as far from the speedo and tach plugs as possible as the area where they need to plug in is tight. I also staggered where the wire cuts were so the harness did not have all the cut and soldered wires at the same place. Last i used marine grade heat shrink tubing to seal off the splices. The marine grade heat shrink has glue inside that make the connections somewhat water proof. I have had zero problems over 3 years of heavy use.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
I think you should still use your idea. If there were 15 of those sitting there, I think it would be a different story. I personally have only seen one with the original scheme in person and I go to bike nights and rallies all the time. Stick with your gut, it'll look bad a$$!
I agree. I ride 10k miles per year average and have only seen one OEM painted bike with the same scheme.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely doing this mod!!!!

Last edited by Stew Pidaso; 09-02-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: The ordering process has begun for my road glide conversion!