Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Weekly Photo Challenge/Sharing**

Old 08-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Hozzie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is being created to allow for a more relaxed photo challenge/sharing discussion that allows all members ample time to participate if they would like to. I hope this isn't too redundant with the other thread, but I am thinking more people may participate if they have more time.

While the other photo challenge thread is interesting, I think it misses a lot of participants due to the fact that only the first person to meet a challenge usually posts and then they are on to the next challenge.

In this thread, I would like to post a challenge, but I want to give plenty of time for anyone that wants to participate time to do so, but more importantly for me, the time to share their picture with everyone. The primary goal of course is to encourage more riding, but for me a nice side effect of this is to get to know some of the people on the forum through their pictures.

There are not going to be many rules. I plan to keep it very simple for everyone so I hope this general outline will work. I am open for suggestions as well if something just doesn't work.

So the basic rules:
1: The challenges will run from Wednesday to Tuesday night. If possible, whomever creates the new challenge will do so no later than Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning.
2: The person that creates the next challenge will be picked by the person that created the previous challenge based on a photo submitted. I would like to see them pick someone by Tuesday afternoon so that the new person has a little time to come up with something for the next challenge . This will just have to be give and take. I realize this isn't the easiest to follow.
3: There must be a unique identifying item requested in each picture. The goal is not to show pictures from previous rides, but really about what you did that week based on the challenge rules. This unique item helps to alleviate that.
4: Please put a short (2-3 sentence) description of your picture along with the title of the challenge. This will just help to make it easier to keep up with what challenge we are on at any given time.

I would like to use this thread to learn more about not only the people on this forum, but also things I may not have known about various places around the country. That may be asking a lot, but I think all of us are (hopefully) proud of where we live for one reason or another so let's try to show others what is great about where we live. This may or may not work, but hey let's try.

I will start this off in the next post and leave this one for the general rules. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to bring them up. I hope this works out.

Challenge: Historic Places
08/18/14 - 08/26/14

Post a picture of any historic location near where you live. This may be related to any historic event you choose. Post your picture along with a brief description of where it is and why it is historic. Place your sunglasses over your front break handle (or somewhere visible)

Safe Riding.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 06-29-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Hope this picture works. It is a picture of Jerome Arizona. An old Silver mining town.

Attached Thumbnails **Weekly Photo Challenge/Sharing**-img_0789.jpg  
Old 08-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

Crater Lake Oregon. Volcano that exploded a long time ago. Half of the mountain is now missing.

Attached Thumbnails **Weekly Photo Challenge/Sharing**-craterlake2.jpg  
Old 08-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Hozzie
Cruiser

These are great, but the goal is to show pictures from the ride you did this week based on the challenge. I really do appreciate the pictures, but let's try to keep it to the challenge rules. I am already sounding like a thread **** so I apologize, but that was one of the main reasons I tried to explain everything in the first post.

Beautiful pictures though.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:43 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Pushy newbies, geez...

Old 08-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Hozzie
Cruiser

I am a newbie true, but that really doesn't have anything to do with what I was trying to do with this thread. The goal isn't to have a thread about where we have been at some point in time, it's really about trying to create reasons to go out and ride this week. I really don't want to be pushy trust me, I am just trying to keep the thread on target with its intention as I think was outlined pretty good in the first post.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

Yep my mistake. I did ride to Jerome today though I just didn't talk any pictures.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Hozzie
Cruiser

No problem. Looking forward to more pictures as we go along.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 AM
scott01
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a good thread. I'll definitely participate and the rules seem clear enough to me. Now let's get out there and ride!

Old 08-18-2014, 12:41 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts

I like the idea of giving people more time and with that in mind my suggestion would be to run the challenge from Wed. to Wed.

This would give people the weekend (the most common riding days) to meet the challenge, get home, relax and get their pictures uploaded.

This would give ample time to get the pictures uploaded with "judging" to take place on Tuesday and Wednesday for the winner to describe the next challenge.

Originally Posted by Hozzie
1: The challenges will run from Monday to Sunday. If possible, whomever creates the challenge will do so no later than Sunday evening.
2: The person that picks the next challenge will be picked by the person that created the previous challenge based on a photo submitted. I would like to see them pick someone by Saturday so that the new person can come up with something for the next week by Sunday evening. This will just have to be give and take. I realize this isn't the easiest to follow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Weekly Photo Challenge/Sharing**