Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 107 build needs a MAP

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 11:28 AM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Why dont you just bite the bullet and take it to Bob at RC Cycles! $400 and your done, done right and on riding as the summer nears the end.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:00 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
Why dont you just bite the bullet and take it to Bob at RC Cycles! $400 and your done, done right and on riding as the summer nears the end.
Exactly

Old 09-13-2014, 09:26 PM
limboglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
Bullet has been bitten! Took it to RC Cycles today and came out 121TQ 106HP. I think the TQ seems a hair high based on all the 107 results I've seen but I'll take it. Fricken thing pulls.
Only thing now is I think I've got a compensator issue. Bob at RC things so also so I'll be checking that out next.

Thanks all for the input/suggestions.
Cheers.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,546 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by limboglide
Bullet has been bitten! Took it to RC Cycles today and came out 121TQ 106HP. I think the TQ seems a hair high based on all the 107 results I've seen but I'll take it. Fricken thing pulls.
Only thing now is I think I've got a compensator issue. Bob at RC things so also so I'll be checking that out next.

Cheers.
That sounds close to what my 107 got. I have the HeadQuarters kit and it was dyno'd at 121.4 Tq and 114.58 Hp. I had a little head work done also. Congrats on your numbers.

The following users liked this post:
Harleygen (04-29-2016)
Old 09-13-2014, 11:39 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by limboglide

Cheers.
torque is king!

my 107 build came out with 98hp/125tq. it was fricken awesome!....

Old 04-02-2016, 11:09 PM
cbaker1@farmersagent.com
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

makes me a little nervous because i am doing my own build as well. very similiar set up: fuelmoto 107 kit, knight prowler tw-777 cams 10.25"1 CP pistons. factory 103 heads, s/e stage 1 a/c v & h dresser duals with v& h twin slash muffs.
i recieved download from fuelmoto, i would not be happy if it doesn't run well right out of the gate.
is it job security for them to give a less than adequate fuel map to DIY'S.
I hope that they are above that.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:30 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I just ordered mine Friday and after talking with Bob, he assured me that my map should be really close but told me if I did have problems not to hesitate to call.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:21 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by cbaker1@farmersagent.com
makes me a little nervous because i am doing my own build as well. very similiar set up: fuelmoto 107 kit, knight prowler tw-777 cams 10.25"1 CP pistons. factory 103 heads, s/e stage 1 a/c v & h dresser duals with v& h twin slash muffs.
i recieved download from fuelmoto, i would not be happy if it doesn't run well right out of the gate.
is it job security for them to give a less than adequate fuel map to DIY'S.
I hope that they are above that.
You should budget a tune in your build. Canned MAPs and running basic auto tune might be Ok for a stage I build, but anything more than that needs more attention. You can't expect the bike with a build like you are doing to run great out of the gate using a MAP that was tuned for a different bike, to many thing come into play.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:14 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Wide Open Cycles
You should budget a tune in your build. Canned MAPs and running basic auto tune might be Ok for a stage I build, but anything more than that needs more attention. You can't expect the bike with a build like you are doing to run great out of the gate using a MAP that was tuned for a different bike, to many thing come into play.
Could not agree more.

FM will help satisfy a customer until they draw their last breath, I think. And that's what makes them so darn good. But for a "build", the builder is short changing himself by not budgeting a tune once all said and done.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:22 PM
cbaker1@farmersagent.com
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree with budgeting the "tune" i don't agree with the sending out base maps that will give a guy a migraine and loss of hair. it comes down to simple math. these are mechanical machines that are very simple in nature. 2 cylinder internal combustion engines. when one knows bore size, compression, cams, tb etc.... you can't convince me there isn't a "base map" that will run well for anybody right out of the gate. now, if you want to SQEEZE every last little hp and torque that the motor can possibly give you then yeah. you need to dyno. example. H-D builds 150,000 bikes a year roughly and they do not dynotune a single one of them. all different bikes built with same parts ( like kind of course). if i had the ka-ching! i would run my new build without any fuel tuner at all just to see if the factory ECM would adjust to the build changes.

Quick Reply: New 107 build needs a MAP