Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring in Cali $$$

Old 08-24-2014, 01:47 AM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Worth it to ride year round.

+1.......

Old 08-24-2014, 03:18 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

[QUOTE=Veekness;13134984]Y'all probably don't wanna come here. ..WAAAY too expensive...maybe tour Zimbabwe...much cheaper...[/Q

To funny really another wanna be internet comedian.. ********...

Old 08-24-2014, 05:12 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since when has California ever been known to be a cheap place to live?

Old 08-24-2014, 08:21 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

We are trying to keep the cheapskates out. If ya can't handle prices in the world's 8th biggest economy, stay home

Old 08-24-2014, 08:25 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 308 Posts

Quit electing Dumo-crats and find some good independent politicians. Or vote the opposite party each time to keep out the lifers and maybe just maybe we will have a break on taxes

Old 08-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Maybe another perspective is in order. Just got back from a weekend run from San Diego to the Eastern Sierra mountain range. Ran into many groups of international bikers that were taking their vacations to California.

Lots of riders from Australia and Germany. Said it was far cheaper to either rent bikes in the USA and tour or even buy them, ride for 6 weeks and then resell them. The commented the fuel was so inexpensive and also the rentals and insurance in the USA compared to other countries. Said the food and beverages were both good quality and inexpensive.

They loved the wide open back country road system, with no tolls or fees. Taxes were low and love that there were no VAT charges for rooms or items.

Sometimes about not being able to buy the cheapest gas in the Nation never occurred to them. They expected the fuel to cost more in the boonies, and less in more populated areas.

Some people just seem to be more interested in complaining about everything than showing respect for what they are blessed with experiencing.

Riding free does not mean everything is give to you, but that you are free to either stay home or go out riding. If you decide to go out on the open road, nobody wants to hear you bitch about having to pay you way.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:08 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
We are trying to keep the cheapskates out. If ya can't handle prices in the world's 8th biggest economy, stay home
Says the jerk from the largest city to have to file bankruptcy..."Stockton filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection with a Sacramento federal court, becoming the largest U.S. city to do so....

What a dick, and you should change your name from Oldhippie to Oldprick as you have obviously forgotten everything you ever knew about Hippie Spirit, much less being a brother to fellow motorcyclists.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:25 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by motolocopat
Says the jerk from the largest city to have to file bankruptcy..."Stockton filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection with a Sacramento federal court, becoming the largest U.S. city to do so....

What a dick, and you should change your name from Oldhippie to Oldprick as you have obviously forgotten everything you ever knew about Hippie Spirit, much less being a brother to fellow motorcyclists.
Seriously dude get your facts straight. Oldhippie lives in Sacramento. Stockton filed for bankruptcy. The Federal Court District that covers Stockton is in Sacramento. There is no Federal courthouse in Stockton so they had to hear the case in Sacramento. Are you really that ignorant ?

Last edited by dribble; 08-25-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:41 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by motolocopat

Seriously!!!??? You don't know me. You don't know where I live. But the best ya got are personal attacks. You are just another Idiot who doesn't care about facts and figures whoever yells loudest wins. It really is sad there are so many of you folks...

Old 08-25-2014, 06:08 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

So on the way home from the gym I just saw regular gas in Granite Bay CA for $3.57. Then I checked Wyoming (because gas buddy said it's one of the top ten cheapest gas states and found the cheapest gas at $3.46. If I drive my car 1000 miles costs me $4.78 per month extra in gas. The bike is $2.50 more per 1000 miles. And we don't have toll roads here.

I do spend more on bike gas in December, January and February than people in Wyoming do. I guess I'll stay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Touring in Cali $$$