Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring in Cali $$$

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:44 PM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

Just checked gas prices tonight as I rode by. Local station is 3.59 reg, 3.72 mid 3.86 super.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:48 AM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorido
Did someone really just say the recently indicted Governor of Texas was a guy who has his head screwed on straight?

Geez.
You have to look at the who and why behind it. More political BS.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
I wasn't in any way bashing Cali and I'm sure the riding all year round is great. I shared a foxhole with a good Army pal and his love for Cali was very evident. With that being said you are Getting royally screwed with gas taxes but hey if your willing to pay $10.00 bucks a gallon to ride who am I to judge.

Right now, in my area, it's right around four bucks a gallon, hovering either side of that figure. Every now and then, it starts edging up to five bucks, and that when folks start getting excited. That's one of the reasons that I spend 90% or more of my time on the road on a motorcycle.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:50 AM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
Right now, in my area, it's right around four bucks a gallon, hovering either side of that figure. Every now and then, it starts edging up to five bucks, and that when folks start getting excited. That's one of the reasons that I spend 90% or more of my time on the road on a motorcycle.
Wow, the station I checked is in Woodland Hills. You are not that far away

Old 08-28-2014, 08:50 AM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, here's a new twist to gas prices in California, reported just today:

The California Air Resources Board, the Golden State's premier anti-pollution agency, predicts the new tax will raise gasoline prices from 20 cents to $1.30 per gallon. A prominent state senator who helped author the bill estimated the cost at 40 cents a gallon.

California drivers brace for costly new gas tax

Old 08-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by jcapps
Wow, the station I checked is in Woodland Hills. You are not that far away

The way it was 'splained to me years ago is that the base price is determined by the distribution center where they put the fuel into the tankers to go out to the gas stations. For instance, several years ago, SoCal was experiencing a spate of high prices...I think at the time it was almost up to three bux...I went to Bishop, and it was like twenty to thirty cents less, and that was because they got their gas out of Bakersfield, and we got ours out of somewhere's else...You'd think it would have been the other way around, but surprisingly, it wasn't.

I commute to Santa Barbarial four days a week, and it's about the same price up there currently. But there is one Chevron station near UCSB that's almost always almost a buck more a gallon! I think the reason is (and others in the know agree!) that students are using Daddy's credit card and don't much care how much they pay...they just are looking for the closest, easiest place to go!

Old 08-28-2014, 09:14 AM
blazink5
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
The way it was 'splained to me years ago is that the base price is determined by the distribution center where they put the fuel into the tankers to go out to the gas stations. For instance, several years ago, SoCal was experiencing a spate of high prices...I think at the time it was almost up to three bux...I went to Bishop, and it was like twenty to thirty cents less, and that was because they got their gas out of Bakersfield, and we got ours out of somewhere's else...You'd think it would have been the other way around, but surprisingly, it wasn't.

I commute to Santa Barbarial four days a week, and it's about the same price up there currently. But there is one Chevron station near UCSB that's almost always almost a buck more a gallon! I think the reason is (and others in the know agree!) that students are using Daddy's credit card and don't much care how much they pay...they just are looking for the closest, easiest place to go!
Very very true. Also add "zone pricing" to the equation.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:57 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
If you look deep into the problem with the cities filing for bankruptcy it's all about the inability to pay for pensions they promised to state workers.

Does it concern me, No, not in the slightest. My home is paid for and my retirement fund is almost where i want it to be. Calif is a democratic state and since I'm not a liberal and i don't rely on government assistance i have not a care in the world.

I am however a business owner in Calif I currently have 3 different projects in the Stockton area, all of them are schools....

I'm born a raised Calif native, life is freaking good here and the riding is second to none ion the world.

OS
You are slightly inaccurate. State workers pensions are fine and well funded with high contributions from the workers as well as their agencies.

The Stockton bankruptcy was caused by the housing boom of the early to mid 2000's and the city not managing the huge property tax windfall that was created when all the bay area workers bought new, overpriced houses.

2009 came along and most of those houses went into foreclosure or short sale and tax revenues were cut in half. Police and other city safety employees were contributing nothing to their pension funds and other services could not be funded at the same time leaving Stockton without enough revenue not pay their bills.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:59 AM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Who gives a rats *** what gas prices are either you buy it or you don't...Don't like California stay the hell out of it. We all know we have the best looking women, and best weather, I prefer to call it the BEST COAST. SMH

Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 AM
blazink5
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaJ
Who gives a rats *** what gas prices are either you buy it or you don't...Don't like California stay the hell out of it. We all know we have the best looking women, and best weather, I prefer to call it the BEST COAST. SMH
Amen brotha. I can't agree with you more.

Quick Reply: Touring in Cali $$$