Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 weeks no CFRs

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:28 PM
SavageChopper
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I didn't mind the wait since I already had decent sounding pipes. I didn't want Rinehart or V&H because everybody and their mother has them and the sound didn't impress me.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:36 PM
kustom78
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry stingray for more bad news, i just bought a 14 last week and was told 6 weeks possibly more.... i settled on the vance and hines HO with the power dual header. sounds great! compairing it to the CFR's on my uncles limited with true duals there not as loud but not by much...

Old 08-25-2014, 09:36 PM
66 Stingray
Intermediate

Hope to get an answer tomorrow . I've only heard these in a parking lot, I hope they sound decent at cruse , don't need to be adding to my pipe collection

Old 08-25-2014, 09:43 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My buddy had CFR knock offs and now has actual CFR's. Definitely not the same sound. Actual CFR's sound much better. They are much deeper and throatier. And at 10 weeks thats short compared to his CFR's. He waited almost 5 months for his. Ordered them last year and just got them this spring.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:50 AM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default other pipes

We do not advertise these, nor have them on our site, but we do have a few sets of these left in stock. $200 / set. Chrome or Black. We do not list them because the quality is far less than the CFR. You definitely get what you pay for.

These are also known at the DNA Megaphone Slip ons. KC is DNA so its the same pipes.

If anyone wants those, feel free to PM me or give us a call.
Originally Posted by UltraDuff
Just put a couple new additions on the bike, one being CFR knockoffs. Got them from KC International...$200 and no wait time.

They sound awesome!!! Running a de-catted head pipe.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:35 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Another alternative to the CFR's, if you're not willing to wait, is the Fuel Moto 4.5" Pro Touring. They sound excellent and are very similar to CFR's. Look is a bit different, but if it's the sound you're after, these would work.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing sounds like the CFR pipe, they are heavy , have a deep resonance...no ko compares. Wait as long as you need to...but if I were CFR...I would put a hop on my ***....time delay, is money lost.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:00 PM
66 Stingray
Intermediate

I like the FM pro tour from the side but the small outlet at the rear not so much , that's what makes me want the CFRs is that big *** opening at the rear . There a few brands of 4.5" megaphones out there but tips are the deal breaker

Old 08-26-2014, 03:37 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default the sound

These new Bassani DnT (Deep-n-Throaty) pipes sound really good. They might not be the exact CFR sound, but they are very close with a deep rich rumble.

The end caps are still in production, I am going to try to find a photo I can post of them. The end caps in this video are just sample caps they put on so we can test these pipes. I love the sound and they are very very close to the sound everyone is looking for.

As soon as I can find a photo on the new end cap I will post it. They have that large opening that your talking about.

Here is the video of the new Bassani DnT.

Originally Posted by 66 Stingray
I like the FM pro tour from the side but the small outlet at the rear not so much , that's what makes me want the CFRs is that big *** opening at the rear . There a few brands of 4.5" megaphones out there but tips are the deal breaker

Last edited by DirectCycleParts.com; 08-26-2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: you tube link
Old 08-26-2014, 06:43 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

CFR"s deep and throaty ??? Not when I ran them more like race car sound... Sold mine the drone wore on me.. To each his own but they don't sound deep and throaty IMHO .

Quick Reply: 10 weeks no CFRs