Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 weeks no CFRs

Old 08-26-2014, 07:04 PM
dmercer3
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered mine with Direct Cycle in May. Waited until August to cancel my order. DirectCycle was great about providing updates, but I'm not the patient type. Ill just get my CFR's when they get their shti togethor.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:36 PM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KEYBEAR
I have a nice clean set of CFR,s I would trade for Rineharts . Mufflers have about 1000 miles on them
Do you have the smooth tips?

Old 08-26-2014, 08:27 PM
SavageChopper
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I just got my CFRs today and all I can say is WOW! Sounds like an angry big block on steroids. Hands down the best sounding mufflers out there.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:10 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

There is a set of chrome in the classifieds for cheap.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:51 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default New Bassani DnT

Here is a rendering from Bassani of their new pipes. I have not seen these end caps in person, but the concept looks like it will be very cool!

New Bassani DnT Slip-on Muffers

We took them to Sturgis and back (3200 miles) and there was no drone or anything. They were super clean sounding. We could hear the radio perfect and when we wanted them loud it was easy to just give it a little gas to get them to bark. Super rich deep sound in these.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DirectCycleParts.com
Here is a rendering from Bassani of their new pipes. I have not seen these end caps in person, but the concept looks like it will be very cool!

New Bassani DnT Slip-on Muffers

We took them to Sturgis and back (3200 miles) and there was no drone or anything. They were super clean sounding. We could hear the radio perfect and when we wanted them loud it was easy to just give it a little gas to get them to bark. Super rich deep sound in these.
How long is the wait on these?

Old 01-28-2015, 12:05 AM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just bumping this up, and I'm interested in feedback from anyone who has the Bassani DNT's.

There are next to no on-line reviews and there are a total of 3 sound clips on Youtube, including the one posted by Direct Cycle Parts, and one on Bassani's website.

Thinking of replacing my 4" Rineharts, but don't want to sacrifice any performance (like the CFR's are known for), but since these Bassani's have a proper baffle, it looks like they likely won't hurt performance.

Btw, I don't think there is any wait with these Bassani's- many on-line vendors have them, but as usual, the best price is from DCP.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:29 AM
Melroy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

I got a slightly used pair of CFR's off the local craigslist for $80 over 2 years ago. Guy bought a used bike with them installed and didn't like the sound or look. I snatched them up quickly. Well 2 years later and almost 15k the chrome is flaking on the tips very quickly. Cant complain for the price I got them, but I will not pay the 5-6 hundred dollars they are going for and wait months for something that may do the exact same thing. They sound and look awesome, but there is a ton of options readily available...just my 2 cents

Old 01-28-2015, 12:36 AM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 01-28-2015, 08:46 AM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Bassani DnT

We have most of these in stock right now. There is a new style out as well
that is the megaphone style muffler (like the CFR). The one shown in the photos is the straight style muffler.

8 different styles available:
dcp.co/dnt

I can tell you that we have a set on a bike here and they do sound really amazing! The videos just do not do justice.

CFR is definitely a one-of-a-kind high quality pipe for sure, but if you do not want to wait, you will not be disappointed with the DnT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 10 weeks no CFRs