Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breather /Crank case venting

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 12:23 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by EasTexUltra12
Honestly, I think the DK Customs kit is probably the best bang for your buck. The breather bolts are nicely chromed and look pretty good. Two things about it that you might change. The "T" that comes with the kit is plastic. I went to Autozone and bought a brass T. The hose that comes with the kit is just black rubber "oil line" hose. I had no problem with that, but I don't have a CVO. You might want to use some nice braided line. If you do a search, you'll find that some guys really went all out. But I wanted something that would install "out of the box" and with the exception of the T, that's what I got from DK Custom's kit.

David
Our Premium Discrete System now comes with TWO T's, a brass one AND a black plastic one. That way you can use whichever you choose. Also there is now an option for Stainless Steel Braided line.

Originally Posted by CVORoadKing2013
Natalie

This is the air cleaner I have. I am not sure if your kit will work with it.

With that air cleaner, you can use our Discrete System. You will need to drill and tap two holes, and thread fittings into them.

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
My AC drools. With the DK kit, where does the drool go?
With the filter on the end of the hose, you do not get drips on the ground when you park, and you do not get spray on the bike or rider/passenger while riding. The filters we use will absorb the carry-over oil (blow-by) on a typical HD for 5,000 or more miles of riding.

If you wash your ride at least every 5,000 miles, then just spray a little soap on the filter (you don't need to remove it), let it set, then spray it off after a few minutes and the absorbed oil is cleaned out of the filter and it is ready to absorb more.

Catch Cans are definitely cool...and we have played with the idea for years of making some systems with catch cans. The reason we have not...there are so many different designs/looks, that even if we came out with a few, there would be 10 more cool looks that we didn't do...and the bottom line...it costs more and is no more effective than having a filter at the end of the hose.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Last edited by DK Custom; 08-30-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
....With that air cleaner, you can use our Discrete System. You will need to drill and tap two holes, and thread fittings into them.....

You know, if you put together a kit that included the fittings, and directions on how to tap them, I would definitely purchase one, along with the Discreet System and external breather. I have the same 110 air cleaner as the OP.

Just a thought.....

Last edited by Delta; 08-31-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:29 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom Products
We appreciate your interest in our products. Depending on what air cleaner you have, depends on which breather system will work best for your setup.

If your support bracket is no more than 1/4" thick, then our premium discrete breather system will work.

Below is a link to that product.

CLICK ME

Here is a picture with the braided line on our Air Cleaner:
I would like the same set-up for my 2006 Ultra Classic with the stock a/c cover (foot-ball),what is the correct length of the braided lines I should order?Does the system come with full instructions?Thanks

Old 09-01-2014, 01:03 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by luisan
I would like the same set-up for my 2006 Ultra Classic with the stock a/c cover (foot-ball),what is the correct length of the braided lines I should order?Does the system come with full instructions?Thanks
The length of line that you get depends on where you would like to mount the filter element.

You can send an email to the contact information below, and I can send you a copy of the Instructions, this way you can look at them before hand and we can help you with any questions you may have.

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Brykwil
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
I use the DK Custom kit and it has been great once I took Kevin's advice and used teflon sealant and nylon washers on the breather bolts. Before I did that I was getting a little seepage. Once we resolved my problem I have been very happy with the DK Custom setup.
Just to be clear,Teflon sealant or Teflon tape or do you think it matters?

Old 09-01-2014, 10:45 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
You know, if you put together a kit that included the fittings, and directions on how to tap them, I would definitely purchase one, along with the Discreet System and external breather. I have the same 110 air cleaner as the OP.

Just a thought.....

Yes, we might do that. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Brykwil
Just to be clear,Teflon sealant or Teflon tape or do you think it matters?
Either will work. Sealant is a bit easier to use, but tape is not so messy when removing.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Delta
Road Master

OK, so I installed the 1/8 NPT to barb fittings to my backing plate. I am going to install a T so that I can vent to a crankcase breather filter with a 3/8" nipple. Should I use 3/8 i.d. hose for all connections; or, can I use 1/4" from the NPT fittings and then go to 3/8 from the T to the filter?

What have you folks been doing?

Old 09-05-2014, 11:35 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I modified my SE intake. Install 2 chrome 1/8"NPT to 1/4 ID barb fittings. Installed 2 set screws into intake to close off. Installed chrome T-fitting with 1/4" ID black hose and ran to ground.

Last edited by acchd; 09-05-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Delta
Road Master

What size hose did you use?

Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
What size hose did you use?
High temp 1/4" ID(inside diameter). Got it here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190811667279...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quick Reply: Breather /Crank case venting