Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Ultra Classic Low Question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 04:21 PM
WildX
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Look on the HD site. Trail and Rake differ from the regular model.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:12 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,504 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by WildX
As of this post from the HD site for all the touring family, including CVO:
Trail - 6.7 in.
Rake(steering head)(deg) - 26

However, the SG, SGS, RG and RGS have a 6.8 in. trail. Funny, as the CVO versions are 6.7 in. trail.

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
No way would I spend the $8k, $9k or $10+ difference, plus the California tax and license fees, just to get the features of the Low when it's just parts that Harley has changed-out from the original configuration.
If you're comparing same year models, the difference is about $900 - $1150. If you're comparing your 2010 vs. 2015, you'll have to consider the Rushmore Project differences, including ABS/Linked brakes, new forks, Infotainment, HO motor, etc. vs. your 2010 UC in todays dollars.

I somewhat agree, though. I lowered my RK when I bought it with Profile-Lows front and rear, mod the seat and got fat Heritage-Style bars. I would have changed the passenger footboards, but the wife likes the larger style. The shocks were a dealer trade, so just those mods cost about $400 for me.

Last edited by RKZen; 08-27-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:18 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone make an aftermarket lower profile primary cover? This is the first time I've heard of this. It would solve a major irritation for me. I'm average height (5,10), but the cover sticking out that far has always bothered me.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:41 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
It's just another way for the moco to keep the sheep coming in the door year after year. Most will trade their bikes every few years or so for the latest greatest and actually believe that they are getting a better product. There is nothing done to the 2014 or 2015 that can't be accomplished cheaper and better on the aftermarket. I just keep on laughing everytime I see something "new" from the moco. All they do is copy the aftermarket....usually its the other way around. Prices go up year after year for minimal improvements and the sheep keep following. Best bet is to get a 2012 or 2013 and ride it until the new frame comes out. And im not talking about some "stiffer" frame sections or inverted forks. Im talking about a radical change like what was done on the 2009 bikes. As long as people keep sucking up these "new" bikes (actually a better term is "re-marketed"), the moco will keep putting out the same ol crap.

I totally disagree with this post: I went from a 07 CVO Ultra to a 14 Limited resulting in a much better motorcycle. The Motor company has figured out that they must move the product line forward to keep sales rolling. IMHO, wet heads and linked brakes are considerable steps forward. The new front end is also a sizeable step forward. The new Low models will also fill a void. Would I trade a 09 - 13? Probably not, they are darn good bikes, I was happy trading a 07, it was a major leap.

The motor company is going to keep moving forward, each and every year. I know some would like them to stop, around the model year they own. Like it was back in the 90's. Harley competes with some great motorcycle brands, moving forward like they are doing is the only way to stay in business. Old times like myself are near the end. I think they are doing it right other than prices. Gone are the days of painless trades. My motto is; be happy for anyone that buys a new bike, just as I'm happy for anyone that still loves and rides a older bike. To each their own!

Old 08-27-2014, 06:35 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WildX
Not sure which models you are comparing... looking at the Ultra Classic and Ultra Classic Low, both state rake 26 degrees and steering 6.7 inches. There is a difference in ground clearance, 5.3 in. vs. 4.6 in which is probably explained by the front and rear Profile Low shocks, I would guess.

Otherwise, same length, wheelbase, weight, tires, etc.

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 08-27-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Not sure which models you are comparing... looking at the Ultra Classic and Ultra Classic Low, both state rake 26 degrees and steering 6.7 inches. There is a difference in ground clearance, 5.3 in. vs. 4.6 in which is probably explained by the front and rear Profile Low shocks, I would guess.

That's what I understood....

Same bike, with lowering cartridge in forks, and SG shocks.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:57 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RKZen
As of this post from the HD site for all the touring family, including CVO:
Trail - 6.7 in.
Rake(steering head)(deg) - 26

However, the SG, SGS, RG and RGS have a 6.8 in. trail. Funny, as the CVO versions are 6.7 in. trail.

If you're comparing same year models, the difference is about $900 - $1150. If you're comparing your 2010 vs. 2015, you'll have to consider the Rushmore Project differences, including ABS/Linked brakes, new forks, Infotainment, HO motor, etc. vs. your 2010 UC in todays dollars.

I somewhat agree, though. I lowered my RK when I bought it with Profile-Lows front and rear, mod the seat and got fat Heritage-Style bars. I would have changed the passenger footboards, but the wife likes the larger style. The shocks were a dealer trade, so just those mods cost about $400 for me.
As far as difference figures I quoted, I was comparing trading in my 2010 in relation to the new Ultra Classic Low. An Ultra Classic with the color option, upgraded stereo, California emissions and transportation, NOT including dealer prep and/or mark-up, sales tax and license, is $10,429 plus my paid for 2010 Ultra. No way can I make a direct comparison of my 2010 to a 2014 or 2015 since there have been so many changes and upgrades, but the end result of all that, is it takes my 2010 and $13,071 to be riding a new Low. Just doesn't calculate out as worth it to me since so far, it looks like all the features of a Low can be done with the P&A catalog and maybe $2k or so, half of which I have already done. Makes me appreciate what I already have a little more and inspires me to get the front shocks done at some point, and maybe that new primary case, once I see it on a Low.

Throw in another $1,805 plus the tax and license on that number gets you a Rushmore model... $15k and the title to my bike just doesn't work for me, as cool and as nice as those bikes are. I'm glad for everyone that sees it differently and bought a 2014 or has already ordered a 2015.

Speaking of 2015 models, I called my local dealer yesterday to see how soon they are bringing out the new ones from the back... was told they have four Road Glides in stock and three were already sold.

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 08-27-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:59 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I spotted that right away, and said BS. The front forks are angled. If you shorten them by an inch, the wheelbase would be shorter as well, as the tire would be closer to the frame, but the distance difference would be less than an inch, but still shorter.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:13 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by RKZen
... reduced diameter grips.
2. Premium 1" lowered front and rear suspension.
What is the deal with the "reduced diameter grips"? From the photos, they look like they aren't heated. Anyone confirm??

Old 08-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
What is the deal with the "reduced diameter grips"? From the photos, they look like they aren't heated. Anyone confirm??
I sat on one inside a dealer today and embarrassingly I have no idea if they are heated or not. I was not pleased with the smaller diameter. My wife with her small hands liked it. I felt they were too small and the bars were too close to me. At 6'2" I did like the seat height.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ultra Classic Low Question...