Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 ultra classic $

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 12:23 PM
WindowMan
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes the bike did look in perfect condition and his garage was also in perfect shape, as so is his vette his wife bought him. Nice wife to buy that.
I have worked on all of my vehicles cars, trucks, and bikes, except the truck I have now so I have no problem working on this bike or any others and would get any book for what I do buy.

Thanks

Old 08-30-2014, 04:33 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

What state is it in? Have you seen it in person?

Old 08-30-2014, 05:59 PM
WindowMan
Road Master

Yes I have seen it in person last year, he has put a bit over 200 miles on it since
then, he is going to call me once he gets home from vacation. I want to spend a bit more time checking it over since now I know he wants to get rid of it.
I will pull out some cash and see what he says.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:10 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member

I meant which State? I was thinking about temperature, humidity, seasons, etc., and how they affect various parts of the bike.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:25 AM
WindowMan
Road Master

Sunny California

Old 08-31-2014, 04:59 AM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member

That sounds like inland, where it's dry, and you have to look at rubber drying out. If it's humid, I'd worry more about rust developing inside an engine that's not run a lot.

My fault, I should have simply asked about climate, and remembered that any given state could have quite a range, like from Monterey to the Mojave desert.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:44 AM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Even if the original owner doesn't ride it much, it sounds like he rides it often enough...I would jump on this

Old 09-03-2014, 09:23 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 603 Posts

Did you buy it yet?
It reads like a very nice find.
Remember to print and save what i typed in number #10 because many folks do not and then they never check those items until they are dumped along the side of the road. Almost everyone i have told says " bike rides great" " i have not had a chance", but then some time down the line they vaguely remember something when they are frustrated..what could have been a simple fix turns into a tow and a ruined trip or day ride. Then further frustration and an in-informed dealer. For example: Most dealer techs. rarely isolate the loose crank sensor connector during diagnostic testing (since it is a loose connector). All are rather easy to check & address if you are already educated about the possible situation...Also computer codes are easy to read with NO tools and with removal of NOTHING if you need to know... reset is nothing but a battery disconnect...More than one forum member has saved hundreds of dollars by looking and adding a few zip ties to the crank sensor connector mentioned..

Old 09-05-2014, 10:48 PM
WindowMan
Road Master

I was finally able to talk with him today since he is back in town. Tires are about 3 years old and the bike does have less than 6k miles on it and he said this last year he did only put $200 on it and then a few months back he took it up to Napa to store it in his hanger with his plane.
He was asking for $9850 and after talking to him about the price for a while he said if you come over with $6500 you can have it, I couldn't get him to go any lower. He told me there still are no leaks or anything wrong with the bike at all.
Now I just need to decide if I should do this or keep looking.
Ill sleep on it.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Don't be put off by the Evo...Some of us consider them to be the best HD engine ever made...Easy and relatively inexpensive to get more power out of...sure...the biggest Evo made stock was 80 CID but if the Twinkie had been that size it woulda had no more power...only one cam...no troublesome chains or followers... Easy to work on...unless you need bunches of power that scoot will serve you well. Agree that in today's market and this time of year, it's worth no more than $ 6500.

Quick Reply: 1998 ultra classic $