Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tallboy Fail! The search continues

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Still having a hard time believing you went out for a 600 mile ride just for the heck of it. I wouldn't want to do it in a Cadillac let alone a bike. x-way driving sucks!

Old 08-28-2014, 09:07 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In a word... pigskin.

If you like the tallboy except for the sliding. Take the seat to a shop and have them replace the seat section with pigskin. Even doing part of the seat section would work. Your butt will not slide on pigskin.

This is a trick I learned from sport and sport touring riding. It's easy to slide forward under hard braking on a sport bike. If you want to move your butt on pigskin, you have to pick it up and move it... there is no sliding.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:36 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

I solved my seat problem for my '14 Limited - put on a Danny Gray Airhawk Longhaul 2XL. I've only had it 3 weeks, 1800 miles so far. Wife loved it from her first minute she sat on it. It has the airhawk bladders w/pump & valve to adjust while riding. I find myself adjusting it a lot because every time I stop where there's another rider, they're wanting to try it out & play with the pump/valve. Once I have it set, don't need to change it again until my next stop & demo.

Edit - no sliding on this one, sticks like glue.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:43 PM
memphis king
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Brawler which places you back/down+2 and I have no issues sliding forward. See if your dealer will let you demo that.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:15 AM
*Road King*
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Call C&C seats. I am 6'4". They made me a nice touring seat, almost like a Corbin. 2" back and 1" down.

I also have the tallboys floorboard relocation kit, extended brake, and an extended front shifter, really helps put you in a comfortable riding position.
http://www.ccseats.com/0813all/

shift over to page 2, I got the sport tour with matching rider and passenger backrest. It is a firm seat and will take some time to get used to, but it is a well made seat.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,070 Likes on 758 Posts

Once you go zeppelin, you never go back...

Old 08-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,070 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
Still having a hard time believing you went out for a 600 mile ride just for the heck of it. I wouldn't want to do it in a Cadillac let alone a bike. x-way driving sucks!
Hell, I've done 300 just taking the long way home from work!

Old 08-29-2014, 10:25 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockrivr1
What caused me to hate this seat was that every time I hit the breaks my butt slid forward on the seat right up to the tank. I spent a ton of my ride scooching my butt back. Annoying as hell.

I've got the same seat on my 14 SG and guess what. I slide forward each and every time as well.
What the hell are you guys using on your seats? Armor All?? I have a Tallboy and have never slid anywhere on it. If that's your only issue with the seat, then simply take it to a local upholstery shop and have them sew some stitching in the "butt" area OR sew in a different type of vinyl/leather. You might be surprised at how cheap it is to have it done. Certainly much cheaper than buying seat after seat to cure the problem.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:56 PM
*Road King*
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

here is a pic of my seat from C&C

Attached Thumbnails Tallboy Fail!  The search continues-img_1539.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Solex
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I've tried 4 seats, and like the Tallboy best, sits me back far enough to be comfortable, but don't find myself sliding and usually pull myself forward a bit, I'm 5'9". I also have a RallyRunner that allows me to sit even further back than the Tallboy and with the leather texture you can't slide at all on it, maybe you could try one of them..

Quick Reply: Tallboy Fail! The search continues