Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustration on the new bike.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 02:11 PM
MudmanMike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talked to the service manager this morning and they get their last chance on the 8th. They will be replacing the clutch sensor I believe. Then if that doesn't fix it I will be talking to the dealership owner about swapping me bikes.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:15 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

I wouldn't be a happy camper either. You paid a set up fee & they never took the bike for a test ride. At least talk to the owner.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Steady Eddy
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Dealer where I worked had an 18 point checklist for the techs to go thru for every new bike. Each point had to be initialed and then the form was signed by the service manager. This is supposed to be SOP for all dealers. Ask to see the checklist. If they don't use the checklist......then WHY NOT ?

Old 08-30-2014, 02:54 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts
Old 08-30-2014, 02:57 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I have found it's seldom (if ever) beneficial to me to voice my 'raw' feelings--when I'm pissed--to the persons who I want to provide me something and/or who I want to correct an issue in question.

Imagine telling-off the cook in a cafe before he prepares your food out of your sight.

I always try to get people on my side, when there's an issue with a product or service. If you get into the mode where you're just venting your frustration to them…you've surely lost the game. You want them to empathize with you, and WANT to help you resolve your issues. It's easy to push people away when you're ragging on them, or their crew.

On the other hand, sometimes a person needs to stand up and voice their displeasure. You can always play the Irate Customer card if there are no options left. But ordinarily, I've found that's not necessary if the former things are done skillfully and with patience.

I sound like I'm preaching. I probably am. But it's the preaching of one who's reformed.

The '1 mile' deal sounds suspect, i.e., as others have noted, the dealer didn't sort your bike out worth a damn. That appears to me to lie at the center of the problem.

Ask the service manager if you can give it back to them in order for them to thoroughly check it over so they can resolve any lingering issues they find. Put things on a personal basis with the Service Manager himself. Work everything through him. That will keep him focused on your satisfaction, so you won't get lost in the daily shuffle.

For what it's worth...

Alan

Last edited by AlanStansbery; 08-30-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:22 PM
MudmanMike
Cruiser

Steady Eddy and Alan Thanks for the responses. I did not know about the checklist and will definitely be asking about it. As for the set up fee maybe I can get something done on that since it wasn't done properly. When I bought my wideglide it had 4 miles and never had a problem with it. Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:46 PM
stormrider79
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every new bike that I have looked at has at least 5 miles on the clock.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:08 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
It's bullshit. Won't go nowhere.
I can file a lawsuit because I don't like the way you hold your mouth, but I won't get anything for it.
Originally Posted by stormrider79
Every new bike that I have looked at has at least 5 miles on the clock.
Me too.

I've been to the factory and watch them put a couple of miles on them in the dyno room.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:14 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
It's bullshit. Won't go nowhere.
I can file a lawsuit because I don't like the way you hold your mouth, but I won't get anything for it.

Especially since the issue he's suing about has been solved for many months.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:44 AM
MudmanMike
Cruiser

Well they have fixed most codes but then after word the cruise quit working and lost the gear indicator. The all of sudden today it all came back and I can even start in gear where as before it was strictly in neutral to start. I think Im going to ask for the set up fee they charged back since it wasn't gone through. Am I being unreasonable?

Quick Reply: Frustration on the new bike.