Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went & saw the 15 Road Glide and then came home to this...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 04:47 AM
denalion22
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RKMike
Your bike is sick!
I just picked up the 2015 RGS on Saturday. Ok so now I have 100 questions for you. Can you post up some more pics of your handlebars? Did you use Westcoast tbars gauge bezel adapter cover? Did you need to buy extended cables? Im going to order their mx bars on Tuesday just not sure if I want 12" or 14". Sorry for all the questions and again you have the sickest RG I've seen on here.
I will post more pics for you to look at... but don't get to EXCITED just yet... the 2015's will not accept tbars... one of the other many reasons why I was unhappy about the 15's...

I did not use the west coast tbars adapter.. I used a hole saw and slowly drilled through the plastic nice and easy... came out very clean.

I did buy 2+ cables. I don't know if I really needed too though... My bars are 12's and I have a lot of play.

Thank you again...

Sorry to tell you about the bars... unless you know something I don't. My wrench and I were really upset about this... The should have pushed the gauge back more giving access to the stems.

good luck though

Old 09-01-2014, 10:52 AM
RKMike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by denalion22
I will post more pics for you to look at... but don't get to EXCITED just yet... the 2015's will not accept tbars... one of the other many reasons why I was unhappy about the 15's...

I did not use the west coast tbars adapter.. I used a hole saw and slowly drilled through the plastic nice and easy... came out very clean.

I did buy 2+ cables. I don't know if I really needed too though... My bars are 12's and I have a lot of play.

Thank you again...

Sorry to tell you about the bars... unless you know something I don't. My wrench and I were really upset about this... The should have pushed the gauge back more giving access to the stems.

good luck though

Thats not what I wanted to hear! Thanks for the heads up on them not fitting before I ordered them and got my hopes all up.

Still would love to see more pics of your bike with the tbars though.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:53 PM
denalion22
Road Master

Originally Posted by RKMike
Thats not what I wanted to hear! Thanks for the heads up on them not fitting before I ordered them and got my hopes all up.

Still would love to see more pics of your bike with the tbars though.
for sure ill post more... later today

Here are the pics you requested... enjoy...

Attached Thumbnails Went & saw the 15 Road Glide and then came home to this...-screen-shot-2014-09-01-at-8.35.18-pm.jpg   Went & saw the 15 Road Glide and then came home to this...-screen-shot-2014-09-01-at-8.30.52-pm.jpg  

Last edited by denalion22; 09-01-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:32 PM
CJ Sedona
Tourer

Nice day makers and love the black enforcer wheel / rotors

Old 09-01-2014, 10:28 PM
denalion22
Road Master

Originally Posted by CJ Sedona
Thanks CJ.... Lyndall Composite Rotots

Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,731 Likes on 927 Posts

Great looking RG denalion22, but I think my '09 RG is right there with you. I am still waiting on handlebars, I have sent them back twice, hopefully the third time is the charm! I'm not in the market for the '15 RG either!

Old 09-02-2014, 12:19 AM
RKMike
Advanced

Originally Posted by CJ Sedona
for sure ill post more... later today

Here are the pics you requested... enjoy...
Thanks for posting up those pics. I love those bars and the kbar lol

Old 09-02-2014, 09:02 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I got a up close and personal look at the 2015 RG this past weekend. It's nice, but it doesn't come close to my 2011 RGU.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:02 PM
denalion22
Road Master

Originally Posted by austinslider
I got a up close and personal look at the 2015 RG this past weekend. It's nice, but it doesn't come close to my 2011 RGU.
yes sir. I hear that... felt the same way

Old 06-29-2017, 07:32 PM
lsrahn29
Stage II
Default Hole location accuracy

Thank you again...

good luck though
good looking bike, super clean cut work for the holes in your gauge bezel. Just curious, how did you mark out your spots to get it to come out as clean and accurate as it did?

Quick Reply: Went & saw the 15 Road Glide and then came home to this...