Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Use of the HD CB with Any BT Headset

Old 05-03-2015, 10:49 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Subscribed

Old 05-04-2015, 08:34 PM
14cvoultra
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Well I had a chance to test the CB today with my Sena setup and it worked perfect I don't use it very often but good to know that it works if I need it. Also tested with my phone and the 2 people I called said they could not tell I was not talking on the phone.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:33 AM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 14cvoultra
Well I had a chance to test the CB today with my Sena setup and it worked perfect I don't use it very often but good to know that it works if I need it. Also tested with my phone and the 2 people I called said they could not tell I was not talking on the phone.
I just noticed you paid $9 for the molex connector #280. Get them from mouser electronics for a third of that cost.

My Sena SPH10 took a crap on me. Only 6 months old and battery dies after only an hour ride with a full charge. Luckily Sena customer service was pretty awesome in my case and sent me a replacement internal battery. I modded my headset so voided my warranty. This is my current project!

Old 05-21-2015, 11:14 PM
Millerman
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm ready to get things going, I just need to know the profiles. I have 2 Sena S20 headsets, the full wiring kit for the bike with the SMH10 for the handlebar controls, and an SM10. I'm just not clear on the connections via bluetooth or intercom. I have a 2009 Ultra Glide Classic with the intercom and CB radio installed on the bike.

When I connect my main S20 to the SMH10 wired to the bike, confirm that is a bluetooth connection? What profile is used?

Is the SM10 connected to the SMH10 via intercom or bluetooth?

When I connect the S20 of my second helmet, does it connect to the first S20 or the SMH10?

Can you give me a rough sketch of how each item is linked to each other?

I have a lot of parts but they don't all talk to each other yet like I'd like. The instructions were a little vague on the issue/

Thanks

Last edited by Millerman; 05-21-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:30 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer

Originally Posted by Millerman
I'm ready to get things going, I just need to know the profiles. I have 2 Sena S20 headsets, the full wiring kit for the bike with the SMH10 for the handlebar controls, and an SM10. I'm just not clear on the connections via bluetooth or intercom. I have a 2009 Ultra Glide Classic with the intercom and CB radio installed on the bike.

When I connect my main S20 to the SMH10 wired to the bike, confirm that is a bluetooth connection? What profile is used?

When I connect the S20 of my second helmet, does it connect to the first S20 or the SMH10?

Can you give me a rough sketch of how each item is linked to each other?

I have a lot of parts but they don't all talk to each other yet like I'd like. The instructions were a little vague on the issue/

Thanks
Millerman,
You've got a lot going on over there. As for your questions I'll take a stab at them.

it's Bluetooth and it's similar to a standard intercom Bluetooth profile or ICP from what I've read but its proprietary. I wouldn't concern myself with what it's called just hold your jog dial down until you hear "intercom pairing" then tap the jog dial on the other device and they should connect.

Neither. If your using the Sierra electronics harness the SM10 is directly connected to your bike via the stereo cable. Pair your S20 to the SM10.

I would pair the second helmet to the SM10 as well as your first S20 so your passenger can hear stereo. Anything else might get a little confusing. Especially if you throw another device in the mix in the future.

Keep in mind that if you do try pairing it with the bike mounted SMH10 all the CB and phone conversations will be shared with the passenger bc it's an intercom connection and the pairing will have to be done per the Sena multi-point pairing steps.

Last edited by CPT_Carrera; 05-22-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Millerman
3rd Gear

Thanks that helps a bunch.

My wife says I geek out too much on this stuff. She does like going on rides with music though.

I already had the helmet set up I just wanted to add the ability to talk to other people who use the old school CB style. It probably won't be used as much as the helmets by themselves.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Yardtrane
Stage I
Default Help with resistors, Please

Hey CPT,
I've recently put together a harness for the smh10 module and functionality seems ok but audio is garbled. I think it may either be a bad connection on the wiring or my choice of resistors should be improved. I currently used the same values that Fox2kill used in his board, but they are wildly different from what you used on the sr10. When you made your first itteration of the cordset what value of resistors did you use. If you have a wiring diagram of that cordset it would be appreciated as well. Thanks for all the info you have given and hope to hear from you soon.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:03 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer

Originally Posted by Yardtrane
Hey CPT,
I've recently put together a harness for the smh10 module and functionality seems ok but audio is garbled. I think it may either be a bad connection on the wiring or my choice of resistors should be improved. I currently used the same values that Fox2kill used in his board, but they are wildly different from what you used on the sr10. When you made your first itteration of the cordset what value of resistors did you use. If you have a wiring diagram of that cordset it would be appreciated as well. Thanks for all the info you have given and hope to hear from you soon.
Yardtrane,
Use his layout for that SMH10. His image and my sketch are pretty different....as are the devices . His works and it should still be in this thread around page 3 or 4 but it sounds like you have it. I used his same resistor values and whether it's 1/4 or 1/8 watt resistors it will work either way. I preferred the smaller for ease of working with.

As for your garbled audio, are you referring to what the other party hears when you speak or what you hear from the bike? If the other party hears garbled speech and you followed fox2kills image, I'd say you could possibly have your wires botched. Put your wire ends on a multimeter and see if everything doesn't sum out with your resistors.

If it's what your hearing, is this just limited to one function or is it with everything you hear? Just making sure it's not something like a bad cell phone signal. If your trying to listen to stereo music with just the SMH10, you have to understand there's some limitations to the setup and that mono audio isn't going to be the best quality and will have a lot of static and popping sounds. Is this what your describing? If you added his stereo plug into your harness that is the preferred way to get stereo sound to your headset but it means another $100 or so.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:30 AM
fshuaibi
Stage I

Hi CPT & Folks,
This is all great news. I have bought (Based on the threads)
SR10
SR10 open ended wire harness
7 pin solder connection
I already had:
My 2014 FLHXS street glide special
20s
7 pin connection (HD Communication Cable 69200865) connected to P&A

How can I connect my SR10 to my 7 pin ?
Appreciate your help.

Last edited by fshuaibi; 08-02-2015 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:20 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer

Originally Posted by fshuaibi
Hi CPT & Folks,
This is all great news. I have bought (Based on the threads)
SR10
SR10 open ended wire harness
7 pin solder connection
I already had:
My 2014 FLHXS street glide special
20s
7 pin connection (HD Communication Cable 69200865) connected to P&A

How can I connect my SR10 to my 7 pin ?
Appreciate your help.
Take a look at post #115. You will need to wire up your open ended cable according to that with the exception that the pin numbers I referenced on the left side of the sketch (bike side) should match the 7 pin layout of your comms cable. For that pin out see the attached image. Basically pin 1 is mic+, pin 2 is audio ground, pin 5&3 are R and left audio respectively.

Attached Thumbnails Full Use of the HD CB with Any BT Headset-image.jpg  

Last edited by CPT_Carrera; 08-02-2015 at 08:36 PM.