Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Use of the HD CB with Any BT Headset

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:19 PM
RickLB
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting will keep a watch on this thread. Will you be able to talk to other riders with Sena 10s just as before this dongle?

Old 09-03-2014, 02:06 AM
Fox2kill
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickLB
Interesting will keep a watch on this thread. Will you be able to talk to other riders with Sena 10s just as before this dongle?
Yes, intercom with other riders with Sena SMH10 headsets is normal, as before.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:25 PM
OVScooterbum
4th Gear
Default I've used it

Hi All;
I have been using this adapter on my 2k14 Ultra Limited. while I have not extensively tested the CB portion (not much group riding lately) I have used it to make and receive phone calls on the new Infotainment system. I have actually used it though enough to test it during CB operation.

I was totally impressed with the quality during phone calls. With the 4 speaker system of the Harley I do not use the function to listen to the stereo through the headset (comes in mono) but I do have the GPS commands and the phone to come through to the headset and the music ports to the speakers. Truly nice to have a complete wireless setup.

While my wife rides her own bike and we have the Sena headsets in conference with the bikes radio she hears the GPS commands same as I do and she can participate in phone calls. I know, I know, who rides a bike to make phone calls right? Well, once you have the option to keep connected on your own terms its really not so bad. . . . sometimes I like to brag to my brother while I'm out enjoying the ride and its so easy to do with in a phone call with the head set.

Basically, It pretty much acts like the wired headset that comes with the bike (if you bought the bike new), just wireless.

One point to make though, the Sena headset unit mounted to the bike must have the 'sidetone' disabled.

Richard

Old 09-03-2014, 09:35 PM
OVScooterbum
4th Gear

Originally Posted by RickLB
The thing to remember though is the device used in the adapter counts as one of the total availble in conference mode. Hence, using the Sena 10s my understanding is you can have a maximum of 4 in conference. Therefore, each bike using one of these devices would count as two, one for the rider, one for the interface. . .

Old 09-04-2014, 08:26 PM
14cvoultra
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Voice commands to GPS

Can you use this setup to send voice commands to the GPS. for inputting an address or changing your route. This is on a 14 6.5 boom system

Old 09-04-2014, 10:52 PM
OVScooterbum
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 14cvoultra
Can you use this setup to send voice commands to the GPS. for inputting an address or changing your route. This is on a 14 6.5 boom system
Yes, you can send voice commands. Unfortunately I have not been able to speak the correct language to get the GPS to understand my requests. I have been able to establish phone calls though using voice commands and the two way voice is quite clear.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:05 AM
AmberWhisky
Cruiser

I've been looking for this capability. Eagerly waiting for the details to make my own or to purchase a ready made harness. Already have dual Sena 10's. Ride a 2014 limited..
Subscribed. Thank you for posting this.

AmberWhiskey

Last edited by AmberWhisky; 09-05-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:24 AM
dkclimber
Advanced

I have a 2014 street glide. Would I be able to intall this inside the fairing and build a power harness to power up the Sena devices? Or, do the Sena's need to be powered on manually each use?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Fox2kill
Novice

Originally Posted by dkclimber
I have a 2014 street glide. Would I be able to intall this inside the fairing and build a power harness to power up the Sena devices? Or, do the Sena's need to be powered on manually each use?
Maybe. Further testing required before I can say Yes.

SMH10 BT units will not power-up automatically when the bike's electrical power circuits are energized. However, there's a version of the harness that uses a Sena SR10 BT unit instead, and it will power-up automatically. I'm working with a HD rider who already has a SR10, building a harness for him to test on his bike. Probably the end of Oct before we know for sure that it works well. I have built GW harnesses that use the SR10 and they work well, so I know the chance of success is high. So, stay tuned for developments.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Felix 808
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for the info. Subscribed

Quick Reply: Full Use of the HD CB with Any BT Headset