Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Use of the HD CB with Any BT Headset

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 08:10 AM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Fox2kill
Maybe. Further testing required before I can say Yes.

SMH10 BT units will not power-up automatically when the bike's electrical power circuits are energized. However, there's a version of the harness that uses a Sena SR10 BT unit instead, and it will power-up automatically. I'm working with a HD rider who already has a SR10, building a harness for him to test on his bike. Probably the end of Oct before we know for sure that it works well. I have built GW harnesses that use the SR10 and they work well, so I know the chance of success is high. So, stay tuned for developments.
I don't have the HD rider's 7pin cable on my '14 SG yet but was thinking of getting one and one of the SR10s. If this cable your making will connect directly to the bikes Deutsch connector inside the fairing, power up independently, and allow synch with a sena headset, then I'm sold!!! Will definately follow the thread.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Fox2kill
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CPT_Carrera
I don't have the HD rider's 7pin cable on my '14 SG yet but was thinking of getting one and one of the SR10s. If this cable your making will connect directly to the bikes Deutsch connector inside the fairing, power up independently, and allow synch with a sena headset, then I'm sold!!! Will definately follow the thread.
Status report: Will start building the HD-SR10 harness this Wednesday night. Testing will take about 3 weeks; so the "end of Oct" target still looks good.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Barmats
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also very interested. My wife and I have Sena SMH10R headsets, and have been using the SM10 BT transmitter plugged into the DIN connector on the gas tank on my '14 Ultra Limited. It worked well as a one-way device sending GPS turn info and music to the headsets, but the battery life is poor and I do not have a wired power connector. It a somewhat decent intermediate solution, but I would really like the option of 2-way voice communication.

I will stay tuned for further updates.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:06 PM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer

Very interested... I use the voice commands and the CB when I'm in a group. I have a Sena headset for my half helmet that was 100 times more comfortable than the wired one I'm currently using....

Old 10-03-2014, 12:04 PM
bufalo
Cruiser

Subscribed - I've been waiting on something like this for a while now. Was going to buy the AKE Bluetooth adapter but didn't want to spend $300 on something that has such few reviews, and the ones that I've found aren't good. I simply want to use the headset via Bluetooth for CB and GPS navigation commands, and very seldom I would imagine a phone call with phone tethered to the HD nav unit, using the intercom.

If you have need for testers please let us know.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:51 PM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer

Originally Posted by bufalo
Subscribed - I've been waiting on something like this for a while now. Was going to buy the AKE Bluetooth adapter but didn't want to spend $300 on something that has such few reviews, and the ones that I've found aren't good. I simply want to use the headset via Bluetooth for CB and GPS navigation commands, and very seldom I would imagine a phone call with phone tethered to the HD nav unit, using the intercom.

If you have need for testers please let us know.
I almost bought the AKE also and I'm glad I didn't, I could never find anyone who bought it and gave a review that it worked.

I don't care about Mono to the helmet, I bought a bike with stereo and speakers so I could listen to music through the speakers, not in my headset.

If it wasn't for the fact that I use the Voice Commands for the Nav, changing radio stations or to access my iPod in the dash I would go back to my bluetooth headset in a hearbeat. I could also just listen to the CB through the bike speakers if I wanted to.

Thing is, we have cameras popping up all over the place and now I'm using the Waze app whenever I drive/ride. I'd love to be able to hear the warnings in my helmet coming from my phone. I know I can pair my Sena to 2 different devices so this would be a very welcome thing. I'm even using the Waze Navigation since it'll route you around traffic if need be.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:12 PM
xsarge110
Intermediate

Looking forward to hearing more. Just got the SMH-10s this year - love them! I've been looking for something that would allow me to use the CB as well when needed.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:05 PM
DukeofEarl
Tourer

Subscribe.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:03 PM
14cvoultra
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Will this cable allow me to send voice commands to the nav system on my 14 ultra

Old 10-07-2014, 02:27 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 14cvoultra
Will this cable allow me to send voice commands to the nav system on my 14 ultra
See post #13 from OVScooeterbum. Seems that it does. Additionally, the SR10 connects to the bluetooth headsets via a hands free profile so you retain the three other intercom connections the sena bluetooth headsets offer.

Quick Reply: Full Use of the HD CB with Any BT Headset