Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

class action lawsuit against the moco...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 01:33 AM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 327 Likes on 221 Posts
Default class action lawsuit against the moco...

wow... Really Mr. Okon?

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2014/08/30/...ngine-coolant/

Old 09-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Mr Okon is sadly typical of the modern American "biker", unlike the real American bikers that could handle life as it comes, the new age "biker" whines and snivels and runs to a lawyer or calls the cops when things don't go his way.

The Dripper Glide is a new product that's having some minor first edition issues with the unnecessary cooling system and Mr Okon can't figure out that it'll get fixed as soon as they figure out how to fix it, or that he can drain and shut the system down and continue to enjoy his motorcycle without any problems until they come up with a fix for it.

This snivelin' little weasel would have lost his mind had he bought a new Harley in the late 70's or early 80's and had to deal with all of the issues they had in those days....and yet, all of us guys who were riding them back in those days managed to have a damn good time with them.

The pussification of the American Biker is truly upon us.

Last edited by Greezey Rider; 09-01-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider
would have lost his mind had he bought a new bike in the late 70's or early 80's and had to deal with all of the issues they had in those day....and yet, all of us guys who were riding them back in those days managed to have a damn good time with them.
Ya, HD should start putting out shitty motors again, just like the good ole days. Then we could all be riding our Polaris Harleys in about 5 years.

Wethead issues and the shitty motors of the 70s are due to one thing, pure laziness.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:12 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Originally Posted by Clubber
Ya, HD should start putting out shitty motors again, just like the good ole days. Then we could all be riding our Polaris Harleys in about 5 years.

Wethead issues and the shitty motors of the 70s are due to one thing, pure laziness.

Nobodies advocating that we go back to the 70's, it's more about the tendency to run snivelin' the "The Law" to deal with a minor design issue that will be taken care of through the natural course of events.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:36 AM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

This snivelin' little weasel would have lost his mind had he bought a new Harley in the late 70's or early 80's and had to deal with all of the issues they had in those days....and yet, all of us guys who were riding them back in those days managed to have a damn good time with them.

Well, those bikes didn't cost 25 large, either. I am not saying I agree with the merits of this (or any) class action lawsuit, but I would be pissed if my new bike were stuck in the shop or my garage after I laid out that much coin.

The following users liked this post:
DayzedAndKunfoozed (08-21-2016)
Old 09-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

If I'm a bet'n man...there are many more liq-cooled Rushmore owners that are experiencing the same coolant leak issue and probably thought the same thing, but didn't jump the "legal" gun. If it's truly an issue (irreparable flaw) & HD won't back it, why is this a problem?

Old 09-01-2014, 06:44 AM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I give him credit for sticking his neck out. It's unlikely he has the personal resources to fight the deep pockets of HD in the court system, but if nothing else it may get the MOCO off their *** to address the issue they KNOW they have but have been sweeping it under the carpet hoping it goes away. Sometimes, even if i disagree with it, a lawsuit in the only way you get someones attention. Just sayin..

Old 09-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nobodies advocating that we go back to the 70's, it's more about the tendency to run snivelin' the "The Law" to deal with a minor design issue that will be taken care of through the natural course of events.
I get where you're coming from, but he isn't calling the cops because someone's pipes are too loud. The US court system is the only recourse average Joe's like us have against the powerful. Citizens of lesser countries aren't afforded such luxuries. Besides, HD would call the cops on someone with a quickness if they walked off with a $2 part.

Hell, someone who just bought a 15 was posting about it puking. It's been a year, how long does it take?

HD: You'll take it and you'll like it.

Me: FU!

If I had spent that much on a wet head and I had those issues, I'd have steam coming out of my ears I'd be so mad.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:20 AM
PeteF
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Mr Okon is sadly typical of the modern American "biker", unlike the real American bikers that could handle life as it comes, the new age "biker" whines and snivels and runs to a lawyer or calls the cops when things don't go his way.

The Dripper Glide is a new product that's having some minor first edition issues with the unnecessary cooling system and Mr Okon can't figure out that it'll get fixed as soon as they figure out how to fix it, or that he can drain and shut the system down and continue to enjoy his motorcycle without any problems until they come up with a fix for it.

I don't agree with the class action lawsuit, but I also don't believe in spending $40,000 large for a bike that has constant issues. I like my Harley and would ride nothing else and first year issues are expected, but customers rightly have an expectation that when a product has problem it will be fixed. The old "it's a Harley, so things break" attitude is outdated and people should stop accepting it as the norm. Pre-twenty thousand mile bearing failures, compensator failures, etc., all of these type issues are just plain wrong, especially in what MoCo wants people to consider a premium product.

These issues are either symptoms of ridiculous cost cutting or lack of attention to detail in respect to suppliers. IMO MoCo should stop investing in frivolities like the development of an electric motorcycle and invest more money into better quality components, which might solve many of the aggravating failures. It has nothing to do with pussificatiin and everything to do with people expecting a product they paid a premium for to work as intended. I'd be aggravated as all get out if I paid mucho dinero for a CVO or a Limited for that matter and it kept vomiting water. I wouldn't be willing to accept that MoCo will fix it when they get around to it either. I don't agree with filing lawsuits for everything, but in some instances MoCo needs to step up their game.

By the way, read up a little on Harley's CEO. That may explain a lot.

Last edited by PeteF; 09-01-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:25 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I also give him credit for taking on the big guy. Over the years the "real bikers" simply went to HD and bought another bike, just because it said HD not because it was a better bike. I have had many bikes, many Harley's. But the fact is they are not getting better, just more money and cheaply built. Back in 1998 my Ultra had metal studs on the side covers, today they are plastic. Zip ties to put most of the wires to the frame, etc. The front bearing problems, cams a few years back. I still love riding my Ultra and have 100's on t-shirts. But it's time for HD to put out a quality bike and stop standing behind the saying, "it's normal".

The cheapest I could find a 2014 limited out the door was 31. I didn't buy but if I did and it was leaking I would have beat him to the lawsuit. For that much money for 2 wheels and a motor, I am not willing to be a bata tester.

Just my 2 cents, Be Safe JIM

Quick Reply: class action lawsuit against the moco...