Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to make the GF happy on long rides?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:16 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

We tried a sundowner and wife hated it, after the hammock she was happy. Comfortable, no break in needed and ours is heated which was a big plus for her. It does raise my up which was the only down side but I'm use to it.

Also when we ride if the wife starts to get sour she puts her leg up on my thigh to strech out a little. With the sundowner she couldn't ride any more than an hour or so before not wanting to get back on. We also changed the front and rear shocks and added the Harley armrests to help keep her comfortable.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:23 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackflame
Ok my GF is awesome and will ride anywhere we have to go, rain or shine. But her *** gets sore after awhile, mine too just not as bad.
So what can I do to the rear seat to make it more comfy? Couple pics from our Maine trip, stayed in Rangeley Maine for 3 nights and took rt 27 up to the border..
Memory foam pad or air hawk pad..problem solved.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:31 PM
bike_r_trash
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Mustang seat, sheepskin with gel pad and shock upgrade at some point. I'd go at it in that order. This combo keeps my bride happy.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:43 PM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Must say can't be that bad she said a traffic stop on the highway interrupted her nap lol... But we'll look into a lot of these suggestions. Kind of sucks I can't use my backrest when she's on the back..

Old 09-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it's not the seat making her *** go numb, the passenger foot boards need to be moved up to take pressure off the back of her legs.....there is an artery that runs down the back of each leg...prolonged pressure cuts circulation thus creating a butt fatique....I had to buy adjustable mounts to get mine high enough for my wife.....haven't heard a complaint since.....

Old 09-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by blackflame
Ok my GF is awesome and will ride anywhere we have to go, rain or shine. But her *** gets sore after awhile, mine too just not as bad.
So what can I do to the rear seat to make it more comfy?
I changed to a Danny Gray Airhawk Longhaul XL. Wife loves it. Gives her the option to use the pump & air bladders to adjust the pressure points on her butt & gives her a much more comfortable leg position. We also use a sheepskin over the seat for really hot days/long rides.

Many ladies find additional comfort with adding a set of adjustable foot pegs (see attached).

Attached Thumbnails How to make the GF happy on long rides?-screenshot_16.jpg  
Old 09-02-2014, 07:50 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

I've been using this pad since they came out, 2010? It's on my second bike. I suggest you try this. They have it for passenger & I think back rest.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...large-seat-pad

Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

http://www.viberider.com/

A Motorcycle Necessity >>>>>>>PUTS THE VIBRATION WHERE IT COUNTS...>>>>>>>>>>>> Get Her On...and Get Her OFF !!! >>>>>>>>>>>> WORKS ON ALL BIKES & ALL CHICKS.>>>>>>>>

STOP READ THIS It produces an amplified and centralized sensation through the passenger seat, This unique electronic motorcycle/car accessory operates simultaneously with the RPM's of your engine. The More You Rev, The Harder It Pulsates. Your satisfaction guaranteed, and so is Hers !

Old 09-02-2014, 08:01 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowchrome
sheepskin....
This will help immensely. Get the full cut, not the short shear... granted it's not as pretty, but works wonders.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Most seats are too soft for long mile days. Try a Corbin dual tour.

Quick Reply: How to make the GF happy on long rides?