Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotors….Which Ones?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by claytucc3
Okay, I ordered the Shelby rotors until I can flip the price tag on the new wheel. I will let you know how it goes.
Are you sure those will fit a stock wheel? I looked and called Hog Pro, bought Lyndall pads but all their rotors only fit their wheels,AFAIK.

P.S. there's nothing wrong with my stock rotors, Not warped at all, They have 20k miles on em though. I'd sell em cheap if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 09-12-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:13 PM
claytucc3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Are you sure those will fit a stock wheel? I looked and called Hog Pro, bought Lyndall pads but all their rotors only fit their wheels,AFAIK.

P.S. there's nothing wrong with my stock rotors, Not warped at all, They have 20k miles on em though. I'd sell em cheap if anyone is interested.
Thanks for the advice Smokey. I called up HogPro and made sure they will fit. I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with them going over different options. Great people over there, I would suggest them anytime. I have two buddies that have their wheels and matching rotors and have no issues. The price for the custom rotors was the same for the EBC stock replica's.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:26 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,603 Likes on 5,172 Posts

Go with floating rotors and don't have to deal with it again I put 70K on a set of HD floating rotors

Old 09-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by claytucc3
Thanks for the advice Smokey. I called up HogPro and made sure they will fit. I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with them going over different options. Great people over there, I would suggest them anytime. I have two buddies that have their wheels and matching rotors and have no issues. The price for the custom rotors was the same for the EBC stock replica's.
That's great for what you wanted to do, Adding a matching wheel down the road will look awesome. I must have misunderstood something somewhere along the line. Seems to happen more the older I get lol.I did look at all their wheels and rotors,Unfortunately my budget wouldn't budge,not to mention my wife. I'll have some before and after pics If I get a chance to work on it this weekend. Still waiting for bearing tool, Should arrive tomorrow.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:07 PM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

PM me Smokey, I'm interested

Old 09-12-2014, 11:23 PM
claytucc3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great for what you wanted to do, Adding a matching wheel down the road will look awesome. I must have misunderstood something somewhere along the line. Seems to happen more the older I get lol.I did look at all their wheels and rotors,Unfortunately my budget wouldn't budge,not to mention my wife. I'll have some before and after pics If I get a chance to work on it this weekend. Still waiting for bearing tool, Should arrive tomorrow.
Their prices are much better when you call. I was quoted a 21" Shelby wheel, ABS bearings, matching rotors and tire for $1,500ish shipped. That isn't too bad considering. Harley quoted my almost $900 for stock rotors and a tire….not going to happen

Old 09-13-2014, 02:21 AM
gusotto
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I just had two Russel brand rotors installed on my '07 Ultra.
Not enough miles yet to see how they will last but with new sintered Goodridge pads and Russel rotors, they stop just fine.

Interesting note.....
When they removed my warped stock front rotors, the rotors were on the opposite sides.
Marked left but was on the right and the right marked rotor was on the left.
Checked my parts book and there was a "Service Bulletin M-1192" after the part name.
Seems swapping l/r to r/l was the "factory fix" for squealing brakes.
I never had any brake squeal but this fix was standard as they came down the line.
Google "Service Bulletin M-1192" and it is informative.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:45 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by casique
EBC floaters, great product!
They have a new ten button design for our Harleys now, which look promising. Unfortunately Lyndall seems to be out of stock, so are not currently available.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:35 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
They have a new ten button design for our Harleys now, which look promising. Unfortunately Lyndall seems to be out of stock, so are not currently available.
Do you have any knowledge concerning the composite rotor's ability to stop when cold or cool? My experience has always been that carbon brakes are less than stellar when cool. Same for many brake pads called "racing", they work better when hot then when they are cool. So I tend to be skeptical on things like this for the street.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:12 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Do you have any knowledge concerning the composite rotor's ability to stop when cold or cool? My experience has always been that carbon brakes are less than stellar when cool. Same for many brake pads called "racing", they work better when hot then when they are cool. So I tend to be skeptical on things like this for the street.
I stand corrected on the ten button design of EBC rotor, that is for the rear wheel only, the fronts are five spoke as per hd_rolling's photo.

As for composite brakes, the Lyndall ones are designed for street race, AFAIK and I have seen plenty of favourable reviews by members who use them. I don't believe they qualify as being 'carbon', in the same way as race brakes are. I would be happy to buy them, if they had stock!

Quick Reply: Rotors….Which Ones?