Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide LED Tail Light

Old 09-12-2014, 04:46 PM
TeeStu
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Street Glide LED Tail Light

Has anybody installed the Custom Dynamics LED Tail Light on a Street Glide (GEN2-FL-S) ??
Looks like it is only available from the CD web site. Any Coupon codes for CD ??

Old 09-16-2014, 02:04 PM
TeeStu
Cruiser

No one ?? Well I went ahead and ordered one. Should be here and installed by the end of week. Will get pics...

Old 09-16-2014, 03:03 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

I went with a BAL, but it looks like your costs considerably less money. I'll be curious to see how it works out for you.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:17 PM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, I have the ones for '14+. They're plug and play (no equalizer required with CANBUS) and they work great. I needed to put my hazards on for five minutes to adjust the flasher speed on the console. My local dealer actually stocks them, but I have ordered from CD direct and they are fast and great to do business with.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:24 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

There is another thread on here with a bunch of pics and comments from people who have one. Looked the same as the HD one I have to me.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:27 PM
TeeStu
Cruiser

I ordered the "Smoke" as I already have the Smoke turns. Install looks to be fairly simple.
I have the Magic Strobe Flasher already installed but had to rewire the Tour Pak Plug in side cover to go thru the flasher...

Last edited by TeeStu; 09-16-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the red lense with the Triple Play. Had to dim the run,stop,turn clusters to better match the tri-bar, would have liked it to be brighter with 48 led's in it

Old 09-17-2014, 09:35 AM
ksnell1
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed the CD tail light and strobe unit for the 2014 street glide a couple weeks ago. Not sure I was impressed. I had a BAL1 on my 2011 RK and loved it, many people had commented on how that made the back of the bike very visible. First the template to drill a hole in the fender is not right (looks like the template was made with a crayon) also this same template positioned the tail light to close to the signal light bracket and would interfere with the bracket. Tip here is to check the position of the light with the bracket in place before sticking to the fender. Second: the dam wires are to short, what up with that, the wires are about 16" to short not a huge deal just PIA. Third: Sticking light to the fender there is no way to tell the light is straight/level on the fender. I put tape on the light lined up with the mold marks on the lens and used a level to try and get it straight. Required a third hand and hate to get wife involved in these projects. Fourth: I think the adhesive is pulling off the fender on the top side of the light, I have been ignoring this issue because there is no going back to the way it was after drilling hole in fender and putting that sticky tape on it.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, hope I was able to save you some grief. All that said the only person who has ridden behind me said it is bright, not sure it is as bright as the BAL1 but better than nothing.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:54 PM
TeeStu
Cruiser
Default Install Done

Just finished the install. As ksnell stated, there is a problem with the included template. DON"T go by the instructions using the template. also the wiring is too short, takes some soldering and heat shrink to extend 16" but no big deal. Otherwise fit, finish and quality is great .Matches the smoked CD lenses perfect. I called Custom Dynamics and passed on the problems with the instructions/template. Also, if you install the light, you might consider raising it just a tad more than their picture on their web site. Will make cleaning between the Tail and turn bracket a little easier. Sorry about the dark picture, rushed to get to work..

Old 09-19-2014, 04:19 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

TeeStu, that's a kick azz tag, I like that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Street Glide LED Tail Light