Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Wind Noise

Old 09-19-2014, 05:05 AM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't think the wind issue is isolated, all of my harley touring bikes have had a windshield upgrade. My 2014 Limited had two, I rode a new CVO Limited home Wednesday and will be installing an 11" LRS shield. There is no magical shield for everyone, find what works for you and ride safe.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:56 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Strange, the cvo has the taller shield, didn't ride a cvo, but rode a special, and the wind was terrible, I would of thought the taller shield on cvo would have eliminated it, good luck, hope you find a remedy

Old 09-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rode the CVORGU at the York open house today. Did not notice any wind noise or any wind issues for that matter. Great bike that was easy to handle at slow speeds and rode great. Unfortunately at this time I just can't seem to get my head around the price tag. I tried, oh how I tried. Just can't do it. Gonna wait for a '16 Road Glide Ultra/Limited.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:50 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

...and they are UGLY. I think MADSTAD is going to make a KILLING!!!

Chuck

Old 11-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Rooster37
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am waiting for LRS or one of the other companies to make a shield that helps this issue. On my RGS, I put the biggest HD offered but it is not to my liking....

Old 11-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

For me at 5'8" the RGS stock shield was fine on test.
Klock Werks have just started producing their Flare shields for the 15 RGs, might be worth a try..

Old 11-01-2014, 06:28 PM
pointcrossed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deer Stalker
For me at 5'8" the RGS stock shield was fine on test.
Klock Werks have just started producing their Flare shields for the 15 RGs, might be worth a try..
Copy that; got the 14" Klock Werks one for my 15 RGS. The windshield comes back further a few inches with some kick up which helps channel the air much better than the factory windshield. The Windsplitter shields the moco sells as a option do not help much at all, (tested the 12" and 15")because they are still too far away from the rider position, lets air right around it like you didn't have a windshield at all.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:00 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a '15 CVO RG and at 6' I got a lot of buffing from the stock shield. I got a 19" HD shield and cut it down to where the top of the shield is level with my nose. Major difference, no buffing. Once LRS comes out with a recurve, I'll swap out.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:15 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

While I am not sure about 2015s, the best windshield money can buy for a pre 2013 RG is a Madstad. Nothing else even comes close. Go over to roadglide.org and see what they say...

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.2136/.f

Old 11-01-2014, 09:26 PM
kepresto
Intermediate
Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NYRider
Has anyone owning or during a test ride found that the wind noise and buffeting on the 2015 CVO Ultra Road Glide is very bad and uncomfortable. I have just purchased the bike and I am coming off an Ultra Classic. During a ride this past weekend I was so disappointed with the ride that I am looking to get off this bike and back on an Ultra if possible. The wind noise was so loud that I had to keep the radio at max volume to hear it. And, for the first time, I had to wear a face mask while riding because of the wind and road grit I was getting hit with. I am tall, 6' 2", and I sit well above the wind screen, and if this is why, then the bike needs to be bought by only those riders that are 5' 6". I have tried all combinations of open and closings of the vents as recommended and nothing works. The dealership is now going to send me a wind screen that is 2" taller than the stock screen to see if this helps. If anyone on this site has ANY input or information on this I WOULD BE FOREVER GRATEFUL. Rich
I have a 2014 Ultra Limited and the head buffeting and noise is so bad that my ears ring after just a couple of hours at Interstate speeds. I am purchasing a Freedom Shield. Will let this forum know how that works out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Wind Noise