Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Wind Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 07:22 PM
derk8088
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 15 rg came with the wings mounted on the fairing they are pretty small though

Old 12-08-2014, 09:45 AM
mongenix
5th Gear

I just test road (and bought) a 15 CVO RG.
I have to admit there was more wind but the buffeting was much, much, (did I say "MUCH") less than my 14 Ultra Limited!
Heck, reading road signs on my 14 was difficult at highway speeds sometimes. I wear full face in winter and half in summer. No difference with buffeting on the 14.
Don't have the 15 CVO RG yet, pick it up this weekend!

Old 12-16-2014, 08:56 AM
mongenix
5th Gear

Well, picked up my CVO RG.
Put 550 miles on it and my initial impression still holds true. Buffeting is nearly non-existent.
I did look at other models in the show room and other RG's do not have all of the wind deflectors that the CVO model has. This my be the reason for the smooth wind, even while using the highway pegs.
IMHO - With the wind deflectors in place, the ride is great! Again, more wind but less buffeting.

I did do a fly-by with a semi at 60 on a two lane road that dang near blew me off the bike though. Haven't had that happen to me in a long while!

Old 12-19-2014, 06:07 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Just curious, my '12 came with the deflectors inside the fairing/triple tree open area, do the '15 RG's have these as well? Look like small plastic paddles and clip to the highway bar. Without them my ride had a great deal of 'tank air', with them that is gone.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:12 AM
rockajet1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYRider
Has anyone owning or during a test ride found that the wind noise and buffeting on the 2015 CVO Ultra Road Glide is very bad and uncomfortable. I have just purchased the bike and I am coming off an Ultra Classic. During a ride this past weekend I was so disappointed with the ride that I am looking to get off this bike and back on an Ultra if possible. The wind noise was so loud that I had to keep the radio at max volume to hear it. And, for the first time, I had to wear a face mask while riding because of the wind and road grit I was getting hit with. I am tall, 6' 2", and I sit well above the wind screen, and if this is why, then the bike needs to be bought by only those riders that are 5' 6". I have tried all combinations of open and closings of the vents as recommended and nothing works. The dealership is now going to send me a wind screen that is 2" taller than the stock screen to see if this helps. If anyone on this site has ANY input or information on this I WOULD BE FOREVER GRATEFUL. Rich

I spent 2 years trying to solve the wind buffeting problem on my Road Glide. Seats, windshields, deflectors, etc. The only thing that worked was a windshield the size of a picture window. I now ride a bat wing and am as happy as I can be. For some people the RG just doesn't work, I'm afraid.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ddm502001
Just curious, my '12 came with the deflectors inside the fairing/triple tree open area, do the '15 RG's have these as well? Look like small plastic paddles and clip to the highway bar. Without them my ride had a great deal of 'tank air', with them that is gone.
Those are on the CVO, not on the others. You'll haven t buy the from parts.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:58 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by ddm502001
I think you'll find they are #57000063, wind deflector kit, about 40 bucks a set.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Never mind Xmas, let's have January when I can get my RGS

Old 12-20-2014, 07:30 PM
sixgun95
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by NYRider
Has anyone owning or during a test ride found that the wind noise and buffeting on the 2015 CVO Ultra Road Glide is very bad and uncomfortable. I have just purchased the bike and I am coming off an Ultra Classic. During a ride this past weekend I was so disappointed with the ride that I am looking to get off this bike and back on an Ultra if possible. The wind noise was so loud that I had to keep the radio at max volume to hear it. And, for the first time, I had to wear a face mask while riding because of the wind and road grit I was getting hit with. I am tall, 6' 2", and I sit well above the wind screen, and if this is why, then the bike needs to be bought by only those riders that are 5' 6". I have tried all combinations of open and closings of the vents as recommended and nothing works. The dealership is now going to send me a wind screen that is 2" taller than the stock screen to see if this helps. If anyone on this site has ANY input or information on this I WOULD BE FOREVER GRATEFUL. Rich
Had a 2011 CVO RG, hated it. Back on a Ultra Classic and could not be happier. I think its true, you either love it or not, I was a not. One year on the Glide and I was done.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:41 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I'm 6'3" and I have an 11 CVO Ultra Road Glide and a 12 RGC CVO. I have had no buffeting or wind noise on either of them 22K on the 11 and 7K on the 12. Also have a 12 RGC with 9K.

The absolute best experience with wind handling on any Harley is on My Road Glides. I have been through extreme winds in the Dakotas, Nebraska and Minnesota with side winds in excess of 40 mph. The RGC's were as smooth as glass. The same experience with my Ultra Classic came close to ripping the handlebar from my grip. Because of that it's history now. When you tour as extensively as I do you learn what is the best handling touring Harley. That could be why I have three of them. Ya think?

However I have found that when riding a motorcycle it is always windy. I wonder why?

Last edited by lh4x4; 12-20-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Wind Noise