Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

LRS Windshields on SUMMER SALE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:31 PM
King Cobra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have the same questions as the Colonel

I'm thinking of purchasing one of your Ultra Flip-up shields. I have a standard 12'' shield on now that gives pretty good wind protection for me, but the edge is pretty much directly in my line of vision. I would also like to lower the profile on my shield for aesthetic value. How low can I go with one of your Ultra Flip-Up models? I was thinking about trying the 8'', but what do you recommend?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by King Cobra
I'm thinking of purchasing one of your Ultra Flip-up shields. I have a standard 12'' shield on now that gives pretty good wind protection for me, but the edge is pretty much directly in my line of vision. I would also like to lower the profile on my shield for aesthetic value. How low can I go with one of your Ultra Flip-Up models? I was thinking about trying the 8'', but what do you recommend?
I think you will be very happy with the 8" ultra.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:36 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by The Colonel
The Colonel,

If the 12" is right in your line of sight, I'd recommend going a couple of inches shorter.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Smile

Originally Posted by King Cobra
I'm glad you guys are asking this because we get this question a lot. The 8 inch Ultra is generally effective for riders up to 6 feet. Anything over 6 feet, add another inch to the windshield per inch of height. Hope this makes sense!

Old 07-29-2010, 01:11 PM
travis.l.rider
Intermediate

I have a 4" HD windshield on my 09' SG now. I am 5'6. I am looking at your xtreme shields. I would like to just barley be able to look over the top of the shield. What length would work best for me?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:37 PM
tank2
Novice

longrideshields-1

It's about time someone came out with one for the Road King!

You're great at answering questions so I've got one for you. I have a RK with a Tsukayu batwing on it. The shield on there now measures 9.5 inches from top of the fairing but it's angled back. It's not bad but I'm 6'1" and when it's raining I still get pelted pretty good. I'm looking for something that will keep the rain out of my face a little better. What size X-Stream would you recommend?

And your site says "ships in 24 hours". Looks like you guys are in Nevada. Any problem getting one to NY by next Thursday if I order today? Everyone needs thier stuff for that big ride to Sturgis!

Thanks!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 PM
King Cobra
Advanced
Default Height

8" places the edge of windshield right in line with my adams apple. Is this the correct height for an Ultra? Should'nt the edge of the windshield be just above your eye sight level?

Please advise because I am interested in purchasing?

Thanks, BH

Old 08-17-2010, 07:31 PM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

is there a code for the $10 off ?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 PM
2001Roadking
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Great shields, great customer service. I would recomend calling them if you have a question. Helped me out over the phone big time. I ended up buying one for my buddy too. For what its worth, I'm 6-0 on an Ultra Glide Classic. 8 inch shield is a about lip level. Great protection and visibility.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Len
Been waiting for Klock Werks for 3 months - how fast can you ship to me?
Len
Tucson, AZ
Our shipping guarantee is 24 hours, and the sale is still good!
A lot of people ask about shipping - we do everything but the Roadking USPS Priority(2-3 days), and the Roadking is parcel(2-9 days).

Quick Reply: LRS Windshields on SUMMER SALE!