Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

I sat on a Freewheeler today

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by ZD
Man oh man Casper! That 2011 for 26K is a fantastic deal! Get the seller to 'mark it down' on paper to save on some sales tax and that'd be a steal! Beautiful bike, and it's got some bling on it too.
Yes it is. I do not know the seller or the trike, but when HD came out with the 14 line up with the new changes, it hurt the value of the earlier models. I saw that with my 2013 Ultra compared to a 2014. Saw it with my 2006 Ultra when the new frame came out...there was oris nothing wrong with an 06 ( some argue they are actually better) or a 13 model motorcycle....but some have to have the latest and greatest...

In your neck of the woods, deals are out there..
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcd/4666251451.html

Last edited by Casper; 09-28-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:35 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

They gave us $19,500 trade in for our basically stock 2009 Tri-Glide with a rock chip or two. NADA and Blue Book both said fair trade in value was $20,000. Since I bought the first Freewheeler delivered they didn't have any 'goodies' in stock yet. They gave me the sissy bar, riders backrest, and luggage rack with free installation, along with the first service freebie. I'll be riding it in next week for the service and goodies. Frankly, after 3 years on the Tri-Glide the Freewheeler is a lot more fun to ride. I only used the radio to play CD's and the CB to talk to my wife. Now I have Sena communications between us, and a Bluetooth MP-3 player in the trunk for lots of tunes. Removed the lowers when I inherited the Tri, and put a 4" windshield on her. Like what was said before, different strokes .....

Old 09-28-2014, 01:16 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
True, a used TG might be the ticket. A lot, not all so don't anyone get their panties in a wad, anyway a lot of HD owners must have the latest and greatest, so there is quite a few perfectly good 2011,12,13 TG's for sale or sitting on dealers floors...search the classified section here, Cycle Trader, eBay...etc. might find a good deal, plus this time of year, weather changing to fall and winter becomes a buyers market...

Example:
http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/4665116114.html
Got to agree w/Casper......look for a used Tri-Glide up to 2013 and the two of you will be in "hog heaven".

Old 09-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Yes it is. I do not know the seller or the trike, but when HD came out with the 14 line up with the new changes, it hurt the value of the earlier models. I saw that with my 2013 Ultra compared to a 2014. Saw it with my 2006 Ultra when the new frame came out...there was oris nothing wrong with an 06 ( some argue they are actually better) or a 13 model motorcycle....but some have to have the latest and greatest...

In your neck of the woods, deals are out there..
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcd/4666251451.html

I wish that trike was closer to home than Az. Only 2K in mileage is unbelievable great deal for someone.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider1200
I wish that trike was closer to home than Az. Only 2K in mileage is unbelievable great deal for someone.
Here ya go, 500 miles
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...680341459.html

Old 09-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

500 miles he barely rode that at all. Contacted for further info Thanks for the link.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:15 PM
sweet johnnie
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ditto on different strokes,i think if your price driven a pre 14 tg will come in at $30k or less used and the 14-15's whatever the dealer can get over msrp.....

Old 08-16-2015, 02:54 AM
Xube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
They gave us $19,500 trade in for our basically stock 2009 Tri-Glide with a rock chip or two. NADA and Blue Book both said fair trade in value was $20,000. Since I bought the first Freewheeler delivered they didn't have any 'goodies' in stock
yet. They gave me the sissy
bar, riders backrest, and
luggage rack with free
installation, along with the first
service freebie. I'll be riding it in
next week for the service and
goodies. Frankly, after 3 years
on the Tri-Glide the Freewheeler
is a lot more fun to ride. I only
used the radio to play CD's and
the CB to talk to my wife. Now I
have Sena communications
between us, and a Bluetooth
MP-3 player in the trunk for lots
of tunes. Removed the lowers
when I inherited the Tri, and put
a 4" windshield on her. Like
what was said before, different
strokes .....
Hey, have enjoyed yr posts, and learned a lot. I may have my Freewheeler deal set, and will use the same music set-up. What is the model bluetooth/MP3 player is it? Oh, and about that 4" windshield?
Peace.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Dave15
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts
Default 6'2" on a freewheeler

Hi,
just my two cents. I'm 6'2" and don't find a problem with seat or controls on my FW. I bought the sissy bar for my girlfriend as she likes the extra feeling of security it gives her. Since installing it I can tell the difference as she is way more relaxed. Makes a better ride for both of us. Also put a smoke tinted windscreen with the deflection vent in it on the trike. Really helps with wind buffeting at freeway speeds. Have had the FW since November and have logged 3000 miles on it. Love the stripped down hot rod look of it compared to the TG. Have had lots of compliments on it too.
Find the bike you like and ride.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:55 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Xube
Hey, have enjoyed yr posts, and learned a lot. I may have my Freewheeler deal set, and will use the same music set-up. What is the model bluetooth/MP3 player is it? Oh, and about that 4" windshield?
Peace.

Wife bought me an iPod Mini. I made a plate for the dash where I Velcro my GPS and the iPod. I ran power up there. Wife and I use Sena SMH 10 communicators to talk bike to bike. They Bluetooth to the iPods, and my Cell phone. When I'm riding solo, I have a 'skull cap' helmet. I use bluetooth wireless ear buds, also sync'd to the iPod. I can listen to my oddball music so loud my eyes bleed and not bother a soul.

Enjoy that Free' I have SOOoooo much more fun than I did with the Tri-Glide.

Quick Reply: I sat on a Freewheeler today