Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New Harley FreeWheeler

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 01:09 PM
EDNHDF150
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Harley FreeWheeler

Hello all,
There is little information published (other than promotional information, that I could find) related to the new HD Freewheeler Trike. This is an attempt to correct that.
Three weeks ago I purchased the new Trike. The reasons for buying it can be discussed later (basically old and broke down ... and didn't want to stop riding). First off, going from 2 wheels to a Trike raised the anxiety level a little ... rest assured ... the new HD Freewheeler Trike is a dream to ride! After getting used to the idea of steering and not counter steering, it handles and responds perfectly. When you ride, be prepared to "visit and chat" at every stop. Not only is the Trike a looker ... it's a conversation starter.
If anyone is approaching the conditions I have (old and broke down), before throwing in the towel, go to your dealership and ride one of these beauties.
I am confident that you will be impressed. For all the others that are looking for a Trike experience without the weight of unwanted accessories and the heavy price tag of the Tri Glide, you too should see your dealership for a test ride. It will sell itself ... almost like a puppy following you home.
This post would not be complete without listing personal "cons". At this time they are few. One (big one) is the noise of shifting. They "clunck" pretty loud ... at times ... other times its so smooth and quiet, I think I might be getting the hang of it. Learning curve maybe. The other con is that you have to watch it constantly. People (men and the ladies) always want to know if they can sit on it and see how it feels ... you MUST threaten them with their life if they "kick" a fender. Most 2 wheelers and their ladies (unless they have a tour pack) want to sling that leg around ... its just like the mirrors ... things are closer than they look (and their legs are shorter than they think.)
Well, enough for now. Just wanted to start letting folks know that the new Freewheeler Trike is a positive addition to the Harley Trike Family. Go see for yourselves ... you'll be glad you did.
Ride Safe & Happy

Old 09-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

You have to post pictures or we can't believe you.
Just kidding of course....congratulations on the new baby...but do post a few pics so we can also enjoy the new trike...ride safe and have a blast....sounds like you're on the way to that...

Old 09-29-2014, 04:23 PM
fmgsr
Road Master
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes, congratulations, good luck, enjoy, be safe!

Old 09-29-2014, 05:10 PM
EDNHDF150
6th Gear
Default sorry ... wasn't thinking. I guess I did this right ... the picture I mean

no

2015 FLRT

Old 09-29-2014, 05:22 PM
EDNHDF150
6th Gear
Default couple more freewheeler pics

New sporty look

The butt ...License plate needs to be in the center any ideas?

Old 09-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Rollbar
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow, that is sweet!

Old 09-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Outstanding!

Old 09-29-2014, 06:10 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I concur. Although every Harley I have owned 'clunked' when shifted. I find my Freewheeler much easier, and more fun to ride than the '09 Tri-Glide we traded in. I have the 'sissy' bar, rack, and drivers backrest on order. Will be installed next week when she goes in for her 1K service.

ENJOY!!

Old 09-30-2014, 08:49 PM
Damfino1
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by EDNHDF150
no

2015 FLRT

Hey EDNHDF150, is that the stock seat on your FLRT? It's beautiful!!!

Old 10-01-2014, 10:30 AM
EDNHDF150
6th Gear

Damfino1,
No, that is not the stock seat. That is the Sundowner seat ($317.00 @ my local Dealer.) I had the luggage rack and the rear trunk guard (bumper) installed and the sissy bar was on back ordered. Thats the way I brought it home to show the wife (she didn't know I was going to buy it ... I was supposed to be just looking! ) Anyway, when she got on, I never even got out of the yard before she said "this seat is s#!% and has to go ... if you want me to ride". We've been together a long time. I thought about telling her how much I was going to miss her ... thought again, and went straight back to the dealer, turned her loose on Roger (our custom parts guy) and told him he was on his own. Well, he showed me! As I said, $317.00 later we were happily in the wind.
Add ons:
Sissy bar
Luggage rack
Rear bumper (aka rear trunk guard)
Total $$ ... $809.00 installed at the time of purchase and auto added to the bike 2 year warrant.
Then the sundowner seat @ $317.00
Total add ons ....$1126.00
No windshield ...yet ... about $350.00
Trike came with cruise and security ... brought it to about $25,600.00 sitting on the floor.
Worth every penny!
Ride safe - be safe ......THE BAITS NOT THE TRAP!

Quick Reply: New Harley FreeWheeler