Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Ride Report - 1st Long Trip

Old 10-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Ride Report - 1st Long Trip

First long (1k+ mile) trip on the TG last week to Thunder Beach in Panama City. The TG performed flawlessly and actually out-did my expectations all the way around.

My Stage 1 combo made for plenty of power in every situation and overall heat irritation was much less than we experienced on our Ultra with a similar setup. Gas mileage could be better as we averaged about 33 MPG in general all around riding from stop and go to 80+ highway speeds. It's still getting broke in with only 2k on the clock so I do expect this to improve a bit over time. But hey, the way it performs, I can live with 33 MPG.

Comfort of the Road Zeppelin seat was great with little to no butt pain after 400 miles of riding. New bars worked well also and in general I was a whole lot less tired when we got to PCB than the times we went on the Ultra. Could have easily done another 2 to 3 hours in the saddle.

This was the first time I used the Nav system for anything and as usual I found little quirks that irritated me. It worked well but it's not my Garmin. The two biggest things were having to re-route and changing the route after a stop. More than once it had a good route picked out but changed it after a gas stop. Second to that would be the map not coming back up without having to hit Nav, then map after a stop.

Other than that, PCB was a good little rally this year except for some rain on Friday and me spending too much money, as usual!

There was an interesting event on Saturday where someone's Street Glide got stolen from the PCB Harley parking lot. Not sure of the details as I heard about the incident after the fact. I do know there were hundreds of bikes there about lunch time on Saturday.