Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Anyone here ride two abreast with a 2 wheeler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 06:30 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Never,

But it does bring CHIPS to mind.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:58 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,277 Likes on 11,145 Posts

Never! I want to make sure I have an out...on of the advantages of riding a vehicle narrower than a cage.

An example, although more extreme because it was also a tight pack, of what can happen when you don't have an out:

http://www.agingrebel.com/2275

Note: correction to the article...it was south of Portland.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:31 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Riding two abreast is suicide.

I don't care who does it, I don't care how long you've done it, it is a death wish.

Don't do it. Ever.
Originally Posted by Duracell
You better tell the cops to stop before they get killed
The picture you included shows:

Two highly skilled professional motorcycle riders, on a parking lot, practicing a maneuver they've practiced hundreds of times before, all on parking lots.

Non-skilled, non-professional riders who attempt these maneuvers on open roads, at speed, are idiots.

Idiots with a death wish.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I don't, and if people could ride half as good as the motor officers it would be fine.
On a Trike? Never...maybe a very slow moving parade, maybe....second thought, no...

Old 11-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,654 Likes on 580 Posts

The picture you included shows:

Two highly skilled professional motorcycle riders, on a parking lot, practicing a maneuver they've practiced hundreds of times before, all on parking lots.

Non-skilled, non-professional riders who attempt these maneuvers on open roads, at speed, are idiots.

Idiots with a death wish.
Yes the picture is a competition and they are in a parking lot, and that's completely irrelevant since they ride side by side on public roads regularly.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:51 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Yes the picture is a competition and they are in a parking lot, and that's completely irrelevant since they ride side by side on public roads regularly.
And since nobody following this thread (other than Motor Officers) is a trained professional rider, the fact that Motor Officers ride side by side is completely irrelevant.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,654 Likes on 580 Posts

And since nobody following this thread (other than Motor Officers) is a trained professional rider, the fact that Motor Officers ride side by side is completely irrelevant.
I ride side by side regularly with my wife and several riding buddies who's riding skills are well known to me. But don't sweat it. no one is asking you to ride in a manner that makes you uncomfortable.

The OP asked a question, weather or not anyone rides side by side. He didn't ask your opinion of that riding style though you seem to feel your opinion is the only one on the subject for some reason.

Have a nice day Hacker

Old 11-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,543 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Once and a while the wife and I will let my girlfriend ride her two wheeler next to us. Depends on the Road conditions though.
I jumped in to see abreast..what a let down. But this is pretty cool. No way RIP will let me have a girlfriend......or ride beside me even on a skinny 2 wheeler

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 11-17-2014 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:07 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

I ride side by side regularly with my wife and several riding buddies who's riding skills are well known to me. But don't sweat it. no one is asking you to ride in a manner that makes you uncomfortable.

The OP asked a question, weather or not anyone rides side by side. He didn't ask your opinion of that riding style though you seem to feel your opinion is the only one on the subject for some reason.

Have a nice day Hacker
Same to you. Sincerely.

There are those who do, and those who shouldn't. The OP's question deserved a thoughtful reply, a reply that tried to encompass all who are reading this thread. That's what I tried to give. I don't want riders to die. Too many do that already, too many due to stupidity.

Ride safe.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Gunner E
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In short, no. I don't ride side by side unless I'm sitting at a stop light. My friends and I generally ride staggered. It's just a comfort factor for me knowing I have a lateral out should the need arise. When we take off, we just naturally fall into a staggered formation.
I recall watching CHiPs when I was a kid and thought their side by side riding was neat. But once I started riding, I found I preferred an empty space right beside me.
As with anything, I believe it's a personal preference with a risk/reward balance. I prefer higher odds of riding without incident.

Quick Reply: Anyone here ride two abreast with a 2 wheeler?