Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Little Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:38 AM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Little Help Please

I had a light stroke that as left my left side a little goofy and weak. I still do Ok on my Road King, but my wife now is too scared to ride with me. I'm thinking of a trike to solve that. We snowbird. Can anybody tell me if a Harley trike can be loaded into a full sized 8 foot pickup bed? Thanks.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:50 AM
sprinkman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 11-27-2014, 02:09 PM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/

If I had a ride I loved I would consider a conversion.

YES it will fit an 8' bed.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:21 PM
AlCherry
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

God bless you man. Glad to see you still have the "Fire". As Trapshooter said, a conversion may be in order for you and your wife. I don't know your financial situation, but if you can afford a Tri-Glide or a FreeWheeler, You can't go wrong. You can convert your existing Road King for about $7800 using a Frankenstein Kit if that is more in line with your budget. That mountainmaster loading system looks good, too. Good luck and good riding!

Last edited by AlCherry; 11-27-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:17 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Don't give up riding, man. I had two strokes and they also caused my left side to be a lot "goofy and weak". When I recovered, I became determined to ride again. At the time, I owned a 2010 Ultra Limited which my doctors told me I should never ride again because I had no balance. We bought a 2012 TriGlide and have been riding the wheels off of it ever since. A couple of times, I've wanted to truck my TriGlide someplace, so, I built a platform to get me up over the wheel wells of my 2008 Nissan Frontier. It only has a 6 foot bed, but, it hauls the big bike very nicely. I think that if you are determined enough, you will have no problem hauling a trike in the back of your pickup with an 8 foot bed. Just don't put the bike in the truck backwards. Whatever else that you do though keep riding as long as you can. Every day that you can ride is a gift.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cochon....Thanks for the words of encouragement. I still feel like I'm a work in progress, and ain't ready to concede my two wheels. I'll give exercise and therapy a few more months, then if safety is still a concern, start looking for a trike. You take care, I will not quit riding.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:25 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Welcome to the board, and the STROKE club. First in '97 affected speech and balance a bit, but stayed on 2 wheels. '09 convinced me it was time for an additional wheel. Wife had already 'triked' because of a side effect of Chemotherepy treatments. Bought her a new one, I took the old one. Since we had two we went the trailer route

As long as you feel safe, GO FOR IT!

Old 12-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

First, glad you're OK and still want to ride, second; yes a trike would be safer.
As for transporting, if you pay over 30,000. for a trike I think I would spring for another 1500. for a trailer that would transport the trike safely...used one maybe cheaper.
Plus a lot easier to load and unload.
But that's me...

Old 12-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Tanker06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not cheap, but you could look at this.

http://loadall.com/collections/loading-ramp-systems

Old 12-09-2014, 10:34 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Montana Cowboy
I had a light stroke that as left my left side a little goofy and weak. I still do Ok on my Road King, but my wife now is too scared to ride with me. I'm thinking of a trike to solve that. We snowbird. Can anybody tell me if a Harley trike can be loaded into a full sized 8 foot pickup bed? Thanks.
Kevin(the K in DK) didn't want to get a trike at first, but he did and now he and his wife love it! They actually went on a trip to Alaska on the trike if you would like to check that out. She will definitely like the trike

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-g...er-2013-a.html

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Quick Reply: Little Help Please