Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

DK Custom Products

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 06:18 AM
AlCherry
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts
Default DK Custom Products

My wife ordered the lift kit from Amazon.com. When I got it and opened the box it was obvious something wasn't right. Very little packing, so the brackets were rattling around in the box, the instruction sheet was wadded up like it was thrown in the trash and brought back out, and there was a zip tie that had been cut, probably to hold the two brackets together during shipping. It was obvious that the brackets had been installed on a trike. The powder coating in the threads was gone, there were scratches in the surface of the brackets.
Lessons? Order the part direct from the manufacturer. It was obvious that the brackets were sent back to Amazon.com and they just chunked them into another box and shipped them to the next customer.
I emailed DK Customs yesterday morning (Saturday, December 6) about the problem (with pictures) and Kevin responded shortly thereafter offering to replace the brackets. I'm going to use these as long as there are no other issues. Kevin said he would get with Amazon and review policies and procedures with them. Personally, I would fire Amazon from my business model.
Thanks to Kevin and DK Customs for their positive response to my problem. That kind of customer service is getting harder to find these days.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:19 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have dealt with Kevin and he is a stand up individual. Good products ! Met him in person and he is a great fellow ! Why did you order from Amazon ? Never mind , lol none of my business ! Ebert

Old 12-09-2014, 01:00 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Al, thank you for the kind words.

I'm glad we connected via email over the weekend. I am really sorry this happened.

We have spoken with Amazon and they have assured us this will not happen again. While I am sorry this happened, I am happy you contacted us so that we knew there was an issue to deal with, so we can prevent it from re-occurring.

The three overriding principles at DK Custom are-

High Impact Mods
Fast Shipping (of well packaged NEW products)
Superior Customer Service

Your experience was Not typical, nor acceptable.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and if at any point you would like them replaced, just let us know and we'll take care of it for you.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Last edited by DK Custom; 12-09-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I just took advantage of the free shipping and order a lift kit for our TG....more winter mods...sweet!

Old 12-10-2014, 12:58 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
I just took advantage of the free shipping and order a lift kit for our TG....more winter mods...sweet!
Hope you enjoy your lift kit

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 12-11-2014, 06:15 AM
Redcrow
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have purchased from DK. Stand up guys! Now I just ordered bike stereo items from Amazon last week, and their service is terrible. I've ordered over a 100 times from Amazon and not a problem, but now I think they are going the same route as the rest of big business? I've been in touch with customer service 5 times this week, and have emails from them for several misleading statements about my order. Buy direct!!!!

Old 12-16-2014, 03:14 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing comfort lift

Is there a video of installing this. Got an appointment for Jan 9th with hd 2-3 hours labor. I prefer to wrench on my bike myself, but worried about the lifting with just a floor jack.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:19 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

We don't have a video of the install. But it's an easy install with step-by-step instructions. You will be fine with just your floor jack and two jack stands. If you send me your email address I will email you a copy for the instructions so you can get a feel of how to install the lift.

Kelsey

Old 12-17-2014, 10:48 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
Is there a video of installing this. Got an appointment for Jan 9th with hd 2-3 hours labor. I prefer to wrench on my bike myself, but worried about the lifting with just a floor jack.
I installed my DK Comfort Lift in my garage with a floor jack, two jack stands, and a couple pieces of 2x4 lumber. Took me just under an hour. Probably would have take a little longer if I didn't use air tools.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:26 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

I installed the DK comfort lift on my 2013 TG using just floor jack and two jack stands. Took me about an hour and 15 min. Pretty easy job and I am not a great mechanic

Quick Reply: DK Custom Products