Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New To Forum and Triglide

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 09:20 AM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think everyone if they admit asked the what the hell. There were a list of reasons I went to three Can't wait to get back on it in the spring

Last edited by LKHA; 12-16-2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-13-2014, 08:22 AM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife picked ours out at the dealership before I got there! We put 6600+ miles on our 2014 in 166 days. It's freaking cold here in PA so the mileage clock has slowed down considerably. It's my 5th Harley and we could not be happier with our decision to purchase "Roxy".

This is a great group of people and knowledge.

Bob

Riding with friends:

Old 12-14-2014, 01:06 AM
Diamond lil 2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome fuzzywuzhe from illinois.

Here's something to ponder on

Old 12-16-2014, 03:02 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update

Okay ... so it's been 10 days and almost 200 miles (all around town, maybe 5 on the highway). I am totally loving the trike. We have an S curve on my way to work. Its posted at 35. Every morning I do it faster and faster ... up to 48 last time, so getting better with the trike. Sorry to not have posted an update sooner, but been busy installing all the goodies I took off the 2011 Ultra (about 5k worth) and new purchased stuff (I believe buying a Harley is just a down payment on accessories and I like to spoil my girls). Also had the trike at the dealer for two days. Day one was swapping the screaming eagle pipes from the ultra to the trike, stage one download and breather and installing the sirius module (all part of the original deal). Second day was installing the trunk guard, inner faring trim kit (I could of done this but the pieces will stick better if installed in a heated shop), body and fender scuff guards (I could of done this but the pieces will stick better if installed in a heated shop), and doing a safety recall on the rear master cylinder.

Other goodies I added:

Kuryakyn Iso Rider and Passenger Floorboards, with the relocation kit for the rider boards (if ya want to put these on your 09 and above touring modle or trike let me know, I'll show ya the mod on the front board mount that needs to be done) Harley Adjustable passenger floorboard mounts with Kuryakyn adjustable passenger highway pegs.

Harley short offset highway peg mounts, with
Kuryakyn Dually iso pegs.

Kingdom Motorcycles Calvary (3 cross) Darby Cover, Fuel Door and Air Cleaner insert (to used the ac insert I had to go with the old style oval ac)

Harley standard backrest kit (if harley tells ya it won't work on the trike, don't believe it, bolts right on)

Butler Rider Drink Holder

Dummy Second Radio Antenna (where the cb antenna would be, I like the look of two verses just the one.

Still needed to be installed:

Kuryakyn iso grips
Kuryakyn rear brake iso cover
Kuryakyn passenger drink holder (modified to accept a butler cup holder)
Kuryakyn Receiver Trailer Hitch
Khrome Works Wiring harness for trailer
DK comfort lift (haven't decided if i should tackle this due to lifting issues)
Harley Air Wing Tour Pak Luggage Rack w/ Red LED light Kit
Visor style headlight, aux light and front turn signal trim

The trike gets 3m clear bra put on the 19th, both fenders, side covers where the passengers feet are, the gap between the side covers and the fenders, and the recess in the tour park lid (I have a monkey that rides on the air wing rack and his tail scuffs the paint if I don't protect it. Not a real monkey, just a stuffed animal ... the monkey on my back)

I have a wish list of many other items, but saving those add ons for a later date.

I'm adding a picture, but, Pic was taken 3 days after purchase so no goodies on the trike yet. Will include more pics later.

Looking forward to lots of good times with you guys.

Fuzzy

Attached Thumbnails New To Forum and Triglide-2014-12-09-12.19.44.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
Okay ... so it's been 10 days and almost 200 miles (all around town, maybe 5 on the highway). I am totally loving the trike. We have an S curve on my way to work. Its posted at 35. Every morning I do it faster and faster ... up to 48 last time, so getting better with the trike. Sorry to not have posted an update sooner, but been busy installing all the goodies I took off the 2011 Ultra (about 5k worth) and new purchased stuff (I believe buying a Harley is just a down payment on accessories and I like to spoil my girls). Also had the trike at the dealer for two days. Day one was swapping the screaming eagle pipes from the ultra to the trike, stage one download and breather and installing the sirius module (all part of the original deal). Second day was installing the trunk guard, inner faring trim kit (I could of done this but the pieces will stick better if installed in a heated shop), body and fender scuff guards (I could of done this but the pieces will stick better if installed in a heated shop), and doing a safety recall on the rear master cylinder.

Other goodies I added:

Kuryakyn Iso Rider and Passenger Floorboards, with the relocation kit for the rider boards (if ya want to put these on your 09 and above touring modle or trike let me know, I'll show ya the mod on the front board mount that needs to be done) Harley Adjustable passenger floorboard mounts with Kuryakyn adjustable passenger highway pegs.

Harley short offset highway peg mounts, with
Kuryakyn Dually iso pegs.

Kingdom Motorcycles Calvary (3 cross) Darby Cover, Fuel Door and Air Cleaner insert (to used the ac insert I had to go with the old style oval ac)

Harley standard backrest kit (if harley tells ya it won't work on the trike, don't believe it, bolts right on)

Butler Rider Drink Holder

Dummy Second Radio Antenna (where the cb antenna would be, I like the look of two verses just the one.

Still needed to be installed:

Kuryakyn iso grips
Kuryakyn rear brake iso cover
Kuryakyn passenger drink holder (modified to accept a butler cup holder)
Kuryakyn Receiver Trailer Hitch
Khrome Works Wiring harness for trailer
DK comfort lift (haven't decided if i should tackle this due to lifting issues)
Harley Air Wing Tour Pak Luggage Rack w/ Red LED light Kit
Visor style headlight, aux light and front turn signal trim

The trike gets 3m clear bra put on the 19th, both fenders, side covers where the passengers feet are, the gap between the side covers and the fenders, and the recess in the tour park lid (I have a monkey that rides on the air wing rack and his tail scuffs the paint if I don't protect it. Not a real monkey, just a stuffed animal ... the monkey on my back)

I have a wish list of many other items, but saving those add ons for a later date.

I'm adding a picture, but, Pic was taken 3 days after purchase so no goodies on the trike yet. Will include more pics later.

Looking forward to lots of good times with you guys.

Fuzzy
Yes sir! Harley sells you a starter kit. You have to purchase the rest
Once finished you will probably have about 1/4 the trike cost or in my case more.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Nice picture, now we believe you

Old 12-16-2014, 10:29 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More pics to follow when I get all the goodies in my possession on the bike.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
More pics to follow when I get all the goodies in my possession on the bike.
Looking forward to them