Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New To Forum and Triglide

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:17 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New To Forum and Triglide

Well I originally in October ordered a 2015 Limited (trading my 2011 Ultra) ... it came in and I went to the Harley dealer on Saturday 12/6/14 to pick her up. She was an Amber Whiskey and Vivid Black Ultra Limited and I'd already named her Ruth. I walked into the Dealer and there sat a 2015 Triglide, Hot White and Hot Blue. Well to make a long story short, I fell in love with her. Soooooo I brought her home. Ya see ... I've always had a fixation on women with large bottoms. Hehehehe ... I named her Fat Bottom Girl.

I had never rode a trike. WOW ... As I left the dealer, I really thought I had made the worst mistake of my life. I was all over the road, scared to turn a corner, and after a mile, a driver honked at me and told me "my butt was open". Turned out to be the trunk latch sticks (being replaced as I'm writing this).

I live 4.5 miles from the dealer. By the time I got home I was thoroughly in Love with Fat Bottom Girl. I'm still cautious in turns, but every mile makes me more comfy. I now have 62 miles on her, 58 I put on. I'm guessing around 200 I'll feel like I never rode on two wheels.

I've spent many hours on this forum reading about limiteds, now I'll spend more hours reading about triglides. One of the first threads about trikes I read was about lifting her sagging rear. Already ordered the DK Comfort lift. I normally don't blindly trust bulletin boards, but the over whelming recommendations gave me a warm fuzzy about this product. I ordered it last night, but, after ordering the standard lift, I wasn't sure I ordered the right one. I sent them a support request and asked them to confirm I ordered the right one before shipping. This morning I got a call from them and after asking me many questions about why I wanted to lift her, they recommended the comfort lift and said that they had a special running that would give me free shipping and they noticed I didn't use it. They gave me a refund for the shipping I already paid. Now that's customer service.

So that's my 2 cents on everything I know about trikes for now. I am jazzed to be a member of this forum. Thanks in advance for future info I will glean from this site and the info I have already have received.

Fuzzy

Old 12-09-2014, 03:32 PM
woodman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 363 Likes on 361 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:34 PM
rugerman63
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey welcome to the forum and the new tri glide.
I picked up a used 2012 7 months ago and though I made a big mistake also, took me about 2-3 k miles to say hey it won't lean and you don't put your feet down any more, now after 10k miles its a real pleasure to ride, don't miss the two wheels. yep I added all the goodies, tank lift, cams, ac, removed the cat, vh mufflers, tuner, floor board extensions, lift kit, etc etc. it runs so cool that I don't even think about the heat anymore.
do all my own work on it and proud of every minute while doing it.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

Welcome the more time I spend reading here the more I realize I have a lot to learn and love every minute of it. again welcome we all learn a great deal from the experience of our fellow riders. ride safe fearless

Old 12-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome to the forum, and I am sure in time, little time probably, you will see what the rest of us have seen. NOTHING but pure enjoyment. Just try and not promise all of your extra storage to the two wheel buddies that want you to carry their stuff on long trips

Old 12-09-2014, 04:54 PM
fmgsr
Road Master
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Welcome. You gotta give us a picture, we like visuals !
Good Luck.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Felt the same way last year. Pulling out of the dealer for the first time I said what the hell did I do? A year later 11,000 miles faster though curves than I was on the Ultra, enjoy it more every time we go out. Never worry about gravel parking lots, grass or U turns any more! For me the best part is my wife wants to go out riding more.
There is another trike forum most here belong to also. www.Triketalk.com good info just like here.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Welcome and same here; 9K in 8 months including a 5300 mile trip and still one very happy camper!

Old 12-09-2014, 07:34 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

First things first..
Do a few searches about 3M clear film for your rear fenders. Get some put on by an expert ASAP - you will thank me later. Trust me I wish I did.

You are going to enjoy the crap out of it the more you ride it.

Have fun,

Old 12-09-2014, 07:40 PM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome hope you like the color

Quick Reply: New To Forum and Triglide