Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Power Vision first Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 08:17 PM
mul
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much

Old 04-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up Just scratching surface

Just wanting to say the PV I purchased from DK Customs has made a completely different machine for us. No more stalling smooth running stronger pulling on hills. It doesn't want to stall when starting out. All I have now is to learn about all of it's other great features. ride safely fearless

Old 04-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Very interesting, my ET as you defined it is the one reading 230° to 250° F so the other one I believe labeled HeadT but read description Head Temp, that is the one reading 335° F. I am assuming this sensor is closer to the exhaust port where now they have the water head ports around it?
I am replying to my own thread as I have an update to my question others might find interesting:
I spoke with Brian from FuelMoto. I asked where the sensor that provides HeadT (head temp) was located. He informed me there was no such sensor, this is a derived calculation. So a head temp reading of 335° is nothing to be concerned with. This is only used for the mapping tables air fuel ratio. Good to hear. ET is what you should watch as Kevin (DK Customs) has stated. Thanks everyone this is interesting stuff and well worth the discussions as we lean our Power View powers.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:20 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Very interesting, my ET as you defined it is the one reading 230° to 250° F so the other one I believe labeled HeadT but read description Head Temp, that is the one reading 335° F. I am assuming this sensor is closer to the exhaust port where now they have the water head ports around it?
The engine temperature is a reading from an actual sensor, the one mentioned above.

The one labeled Head Temperature is a modeled number, or a derivation of multiple inputs that are then put through an algorithm to display a number.

I have never used the modeled Head Temp, in part because I already have my apples to apples comparison with the Engine Temperature reading, and in part because I don't have a baseline for comparison on hundreds of other bikes for the algorithm derived number.

btw, for those wondering how to get the Head Temperature signal to display on your PV, it is not in the basic signals list from the vehicle, it is in the advanced signals list from the vehicle.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-17-2015, 12:38 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

I am replying to my own thread as I have an update to my question others might find interesting:
I spoke with Brian from FuelMoto. I asked where the sensor that provides HeadT (head temp) was located. He informed me there was no such sensor, this is a derived calculation. So a head temp reading of 335° is nothing to be concerned with. This is only used for the mapping tables air fuel ratio. Good to hear. ET is what you should watch as Kevin (DK Customs) has stated. Thanks everyone this is interesting stuff and well worth the discussions as we lean our Power View powers.

We were posting almost at the same time. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you...I don't always see all the threads.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:18 PM
wijr1949
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have only made two Auto-Tune rides since I got the PV, both about 75 miles of mixed riding.
After the first one, I have to say, the bike just felt sluggish, especially going up a steep bridge into a strong headwind.
With the cruise set at 65, it dropped down to about 48 before I finally geared it down.
But after the second AT run and flash, it's a different machine.
So smooth starting off, even in 2nd gear (stupid mistake on my part), and runs so much stronger with fuel mileage in the high 30's.
I plan to make a couple of more runs to see the difference in % changed on the exported data, even if I don't flash the new runs.
So, so far, I am impressed and very happy with the changes the PV made in my machine.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DK Custom

We were posting almost at the same time. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you...I don't always see all the threads.
No problem, at least we communicated the reading so others know they really do not need to worry about that temp being high

Old 04-17-2015, 08:44 PM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running average milage trip a. How do I reset

Old 04-18-2015, 04:15 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain

Originally Posted by LKHA
Running average milage trip a. How do I reset
Two ways to get there:
1. I believe from main screen it is Gauges / datalog page, look for the gas pump Icon called trip center, it will have reset A or B.
2. From gauges page click settings, and there should be an option to reset trip A or B.
Sorry PV out on bike and haven't had my coffee yet , I was looking for an image but the PV Demo is not complete.
Manual WinPV / Power Vision User Guide
Chapter 4 page 46:
To Reset Trip/Economy A Reset Trip/Economy A resets the tripometer and fuel economy meter in the Power Vision. Touch Datalog >Reset Trip/Eco A.
To Reset Trip/Economy B Reset Trip/Economy A resets the tripometer and fuel economy meter in the Power Vision. Touch Datalog >Reset Trip/Eco B.

As you are probably aware they change the firmware so the manual is not always accurate, no could my instructions be if you have older firmware. Icons move around and added features. But look for the gas pump Icon under settings in data log menus, or vehicle settings.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Fusionfool; 04-18-2015 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain

Great ride today with the PV. Was flood run along the Mississippi, and with new tune, the trike ran very nice, and cool. Even with periods of up to 1/2 hr to 45 min stop and go crawl the ET never exceeded 260F. I am so happy with this tuner.

Quick Reply: Power Vision first Impressions