Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Power Vision first Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 07:37 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Here's a short vid on the differences-

What is Auto Tune - YouTube

Here's a bit more in-depth video on Auto Tune-

Power Vision: Advanced Autotune - YouTube

For a Stage I bike (free flowing A/C & Exhaust), most folks are very happy with the tune they can achieve via basic auto tune.

When you start adding cams, HC pistons, and other performance mods (beyond a Stage I) you can benefit more from the Auto Tune Pro. This is not to say that a Stage I bike would not benefit from auto tune pro, just that most riders would not be able to tell/feel the improvement.

All 6 bikes at the shop are running a Power Vision Package, 5 of them basic and only the Stage IV SGS has auto tune pro.

Thanks for the great post. Back in the 90's I ran a power development dyno cell for GM working with the 3800 engine. Some have said this device is expensive and I will agree it is not cheap... but for what it does at a laymen's finger tips vs. what use to be done in a controlled environment and each set point in the spark fuel tables had to be slewed manually then recorded. You are getting a lot of technology for your money!

Old 05-29-2015, 07:21 AM
roaddog007
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 tri-glide power vision

goodmorning everyone this is what i am doing to my tir-glide. i have orderd from fuel moto a new license for my power vision. i had it on my 2012 ultra. at this time i can only do the air cleaner which is a stealth pro billet .it uses the stock cover. i am waiting for fuel moto to send me the new tune for trike. right now i am getting 33mpg. with a stock exhaust and stock slip-ons. i do like the quiet! ride that i get with the stock mufflers. but i have a set of tailgunner gunships& v&h classic turn-downs sitting on the side. i know the v&h would be louder and the tailgunner gunships would be quieter. i just wanted to let you all know . i will post the results of the power vision basic tune after i get put on the trike and get the tune from fuel moto. i hope to get it today so i can ride and do some auto-tunes on it. ride safe everyone.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:49 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up auto tune

Give basic auto tune a chance believe me it turned old shiney into a different machine for me just sayin. congrats. on the new ride I believe you will have a great time. ride safely fearless

Old 05-31-2015, 08:00 AM
roaddog007
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power vision license&map from fuel moto

i got the new license&map from fuel moto on saturday so i went out and did a real time run. right now i get 33mpg. i have a fuel moto pro billet stealth air cleaner and stock exhaust. when i started doing the ride and i would glance occasionally at the screen i seen alot of hits. i got back to the pole barn and flashed the auto tune to the ecm. but that is as far as i got. i will e riding tuesday about a 6hr ride because i have a 1,000mi service coming up friday. but this ride will allow me to do the all the auto-tunes i need to do. right now it is raining all day here in michigan. the power vision i have had on a 2012 ultra and that bike did not miss a beat at all. i know the tri-glide will do the same. i have a set of tailgunner gunships that i think i will put on before tuesday so i can do a auto tune with them on. that is what i like about the power vision to do stage 1 in steps or all at once. i have done the auto tune with just the air cleaner from fuel moto and the map from jamie. i love riding the tri-glide. one more thing where & how are you mounting the power vision? the handle bar mount i have is not going to work. i have seen the mounts with the adhesive backing to put it on the dash and i have a suction mount i will try and see how that works. thanks everyone.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:14 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by roaddog007
i got the new license&map from fuel moto on saturday so i went out and did a real time run. right now i get 33mpg. i have a fuel moto pro billet stealth air cleaner and stock exhaust. when i started doing the ride and i would glance occasionally at the screen i seen alot of hits. i got back to the pole barn and flashed the auto tune to the ecm. but that is as far as i got. i will e riding tuesday about a 6hr ride because i have a 1,000mi service coming up friday. but this ride will allow me to do the all the auto-tunes i need to do. right now it is raining all day here in michigan. the power vision i have had on a 2012 ultra and that bike did not miss a beat at all. i know the tri-glide will do the same. i have a set of tailgunner gunships that i think i will put on before tuesday so i can do a auto tune with them on. that is what i like about the power vision to do stage 1 in steps or all at once. i have done the auto tune with just the air cleaner from fuel moto and the map from jamie. i love riding the tri-glide. one more thing where & how are you mounting the power vision? the handle bar mount i have is not going to work. i have seen the mounts with the adhesive backing to put it on the dash and i have a suction mount i will try and see how that works. thanks everyone.
I did not have success with the adhesive mount. Ended up getting the Techmount 4 G and drilling. The adhesive I used was 3 M but when it got hot the vibration would start letting loose at the top. Although it did not let loose, it probably would have over time.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/t...-fairing-mount

Old 06-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

So had first hot humid temps riding since getting the Power Vision. We are south on a vacation in the Ozarks, was above 85 / 80% rh most of the day, and some times as high as 95. The ET was never above 270, and funny thing the power vision does so much better at slow speeds, around towns Ext. ET would actually drop when going slower in towns and such down to 248 deg, then under load at 70+ would creep up to 265 or so. I am so happy with this addition.