Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Power Vision first Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 05:29 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Power Vision Mount

I used the suction cup mount from a Go-Pro cam to mount the Power Vision on to the gas tank. Easy on and easy off,

Old 01-23-2015, 07:28 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good idea ... I'm sure I can find something like that. Although ... I've done three rounds of auto tune and words just can't explain how happy with how the gal is running ... I'm on my third tank since "tuning" and the gal runs soooooooo good ... mileage has been 32.6 and 33.1. Those numbers reflect about half highway (80 mph) and half around town. This third tank seems to be getting even better. Power is way better than before the tunes. I gotta say ... it's the best $$ I've spend on the gal to date.

Last edited by FuzzyWuzHe; 02-14-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:24 AM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuzzy would you be interested in sharing your final map I would like to compare thanks.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:07 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

LOL ... You would have to PM me and give me details how to do that .... I'd be glad to if I knew how

Old 01-25-2015, 04:44 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

I just noticed, when I go to info on the bike, the EITMS is listed as disabled. I can't enable it.

So I went to the winpv software and looked at the tune that I'm using and changed the 0 to a 1 under EITMS ... loaded that tune ... now it's enabled, but I can't disable it ... what am I doing wrong?

I also figured out how to save it, and made several copies of both the original and the current map ... If anyone wants the current map, you'd have to tell me how to get it on here. Apparently a .pvt file is not supported.

just as follow up ... this tank a mixture of 80 mph, about 40%, on the highway and around town driving, about 60%, I got 33.53 mpg.

Last edited by FuzzyWuzHe; 02-14-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:32 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Your EITMS can be turned on or off by the throttle. Just watch the cruse light when you turn the throttle forward from idle. In other words, try to make it idle slower while at idle. When the cruse light goes amber doing that the EITMS is off. If the cruse light is green when you first turn the throttle, the EITMS is enabled.
It just takes a couple of seconds to switch. It may take a second or two to turn the light on. If the light comes on amber & you want EITMS active just let off the throttle & then rotate forward again, it should come on green.
The throttle is a manual over ride to what ever the ECM is set to for default.
Now the disclaimer: This is on Trikes previous to the new infotainment system. I think it is the same, but not for sure. READ THE MANUAL !

Last edited by sloufoot; 01-25-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:00 AM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Problem is .... with the new tune, that might be working, because I see the cruise light do it's thing, however, when I go to info on the infotainment system it doesn't change with the cruise light ... guessing it is either enabled or disabled with the cruise light, just doesn't show in info. Can anyone that's done tunes confirm that it really is enabled when the cruise light goes green or disabled when the cruise light goes amber? I can live with the info being wrong if I know it is working ... we get some really hot areas out here, I.E. Vegas strip in summer, stop and go, comes to mind ... like to know it's working so I don't fry the motor.

Last edited by FuzzyWuzHe; 02-14-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:14 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
Problem is .... with the new tune, that might be working, because I see the cruise light do it's thing, however, when I go to info on the infotainment system it doesn't change with the cruise light ... guessing it is either enabled or disabled with the cruise light, just doesn't show in info. Can anyone that's done tunes confirm that it really is enabled when the cruise light goes green or disabled when the cruise light goes amber? I can live with the info being wrong if I know it is working ... we get some really hot areas out here, I.E. Vegas strip in summer, stop and go, comes to mind ... like to know it's working so I don't fry the motor.

Enabled: When enabled, EITMS automatically activates
whenever the motorcycle comes to a complete stop and idles
during elevated temperature conditions.
Disabled: When disabled, EITMS does not activate under any
conditions.
NOTES
• EITMS status can be changed whether the engine is running
or not.
• The EITMS status is also displayed in the radio interface.
See BOOM!™ BOX owner's manual.
1. Roll-off and hold: With the ignition on and the OFF/RUN
switch in RUN, roll-off the throttle control grip to cruise
control off and hold.
2. After 3 seconds, the cruise indicator will flash indicating
EITMS status. Flashing green indicates EITMS enabled.
Flashing amber indicates EITMS disabled.
3. To maintain indicated status: Release the throttle control
grip.
4. To change status: Release the throttle control grip. Repeat
"roll-off and hold".

Old 01-26-2015, 11:20 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Is everyone using the OEM ox sensors, or have you change to the 18 mm?
Just trying to compare what type of sensors those are using verses the results of the Power Vision system.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:03 PM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Is everyone using the OEM ox sensors, or have you change to the 18 mm?
Just trying to compare what type of sensors those are using verses the results of the Power Vision system.
Factory sensors here. And it works just fine for running Auto-Tune Basic. If I wanted to run Auto-Tune Pro then Id throw some wideband sensors into the 18mm holes.

Quick Reply: Power Vision first Impressions