Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Batwing Fairing for 2015 Freewheeler

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got lucky and found a good fairing on Craigslist for $75. On the softail it went on, I took a used set of quick release mounts, made some spacers and made it work. Now it goes on or off as fast as a windsheild would. Stereo cost a bit but total done was alot less than some of them...

Old 12-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Slaw32
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see that Memphis shades has a fairing that fits a freewheeler . does anyone have this on your freewheeler?? Curious to get your thoughts and feedback .

Old 12-29-2015, 11:52 AM
rocklobstr
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I missed something but I don't see any mention of a Freewheeler on the Memphis Shades site.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Slaw32
Novice

They show they have one , pretty well priced also

Old 12-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Slaw32
Novice

Do a Google search for , fairing for freewheeler .

Old 12-30-2015, 04:09 PM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I emailed Memphis shades and this is their reply.....

customerservice

1:04 PM (3 hours ago)

to me

Hi,

I’m sorry but we don’t have a fairing for the freewheeler.

Thanks

Mary

Old 12-30-2015, 04:59 PM
rocklobstr
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called them a month ago and received the same answer. They also told me they did not have plans for one in the near future.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:58 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

The memphis shades fairing will fit . Just get the one made for the road king . It will bolt right up. I am using a harley windshield made for the road king. It leaves a slight gap at the head light but works great and the wind does not come though the gap at the head light. Many road king accessories fit the freewheeler . Windshields, fairings, handlebars etc.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:58 AM
Slaw32
Novice

I like the price of the Memphis shades fairing , but t think I like the looks of hoppe industries fairing better . the inside is more finished looking . I don't need , or want any guages . l have been told both are removable , that would give me the option for highway protection and in town airflow .again I'm going to pickup my 2016 freewheeler this spring . and want to spend money once , that is why I was hoping for feedback on fairing vs windshield options . on my test ride , the stock windshield seemed to be a lot farther away from me than on my roadking because of added rake of front end . never had a bike with a fairing on it before . just hoping a fairing will give more protection than a stock windshield on a freewheeler . if anyone has added a fairing to your freewheeler please share your thoughts .

Old 11-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I type slow To the list of vendors already mentioned, I'm pleased to add Woody's Fairings (my company). The first one is mounted on it's new home, and the waterjet guy will be doing a run of brackets shortly.
Many times it gets asked, "why buy a model without a fairing if you're going to add one"? and over the years the biggest 3 answers I've been given are;
"Not sure I want one on all the time" (though most folks end up leaving it on 99%)
"Keeps my hands warm in Winter, and I change to a taller shield"
"Rode one with a radio and now I want a radio, too"
and in my case it's all three.
The only time I take the fairing of my bike is when I'm bringing it in for a front tire or other work where I'd rather leave the fairing at home and not worry about the custom leather bra getting damaged, OR when I want to sneak the bike into my van and need to, "make the bike shorter".

In the case of the Freewheeler vs TriGlide, I think there's enough differences between the two that some folks will really want the fairing but not the whole TriGlide build. There's a lot of people who don't tour much anymore but their trike was to keep them on the road around town once they found a need/want to add an extra wheel.

Last edited by Glenn W; 11-12-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Batwing Fairing for 2015 Freewheeler