Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

The Freewheeler is tough!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:57 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msocko3
I've been a believer insurance people talk out of both sides of their mouths. That industry does a whole lot of dirt digging on their clients to come up with rates. I agree your due a settlement, you just also have to be willing to move on and find another insurance carrier and possibly pay higher premiums if things go south.
I don't know about both sides of their mouth, but, I can tell when they are lying .. their lips are moving

Old 03-12-2015, 03:01 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
I don't know about both sides of their mouth, but, I can tell when they are lying .. their lips are moving
You have that one right. I know some folks who've been dropped like a bad memory from their insurance company. I know of one who had a car wrecked pretty bad, they paid the claim and then dropped his coverage. A former co-worker had a claim the insurance company thought was excessive, they paid the claim then dropped him and fixed it so he had to carry a high risk insurance. IMO insurance companies are an evil necessity, one way or the other they recoup what they put out on a claim.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:30 PM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
... one way or the other they recoup what they put out on a claim.
They recover from the person at fault. It has to do with Subrogation.

I realize many of you have been involved in some sort of insurance situation that didn't go your way, or you know of someone who was dropped after making a claim. I don't claim to know it all. I'm attempting to do the best I can. Only time will tell.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:42 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
They recover from the person at fault. It has to do with Subrogation.

I realize many of you have been involved in some sort of insurance situation that didn't go your way, or you know of someone who was dropped after making a claim. I don't claim to know it all. I'm attempting to do the best I can. Only time will tell.
If the person at fault doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together, which the vast majority of uninsured motorist don't, there is no subrogation. In these cases the insurance company has to cover the loss another way, normally via increased premiums for the policy holder or spread it out amongst the masses. I hope it all works out for you.