Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Quick Road Zeppelin First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 05:44 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick Road Zeppelin First Impressions

Aside from the obvious comfort, I think harley should put a wide seat like this on all tag's ... IMHO ... reason being the seat kind of holds you in place in hard cornering. It's a little taller and lots wider so, I "feel" like I have more leverage in steering (could be just that I'm not sliding).

Now about comfort .. what can I say ... this thing is wonderful. I had one on my 07 Ultra that was leather ... to be honest, I like the vinyl better ... less maintenance and it's more flexible so it fits to you better. Anyway ... my $0.02 worth.

On the Rushmores, you need an additional electrical connection kit. With the kit, seat and installation, it came to $730 (this includes my 10% discount for being a vet). I had harley do the install so I would get the 2 year warranty (purchased w/in 60 days of bike purchase and installed by hd).

I'll include the pics here even though I put them in the what I did today thread.

Attached Thumbnails Quick Road Zeppelin First Impressions-2015-02-12-14.41.27.jpg   Quick Road Zeppelin First Impressions-2015-02-12-14.41.40.jpg  
Old 02-12-2015, 07:13 PM
wildchild2
Intermediate

I need to get to the dealer to try out there demo seats, was wishing to get the hammock, but the wife likes the grab handles, if it fits me ok and is comfortable for me and her, 1-1/2 hrs at a time in the saddle and my 77 yr old butt is happy we'll spring for one. dont need heat up here in the PNW.

btw.. like the color of yours,, same as mine..

Ed

Old 02-12-2015, 07:43 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

I agree with you Fuzzy, I'm really liking my Zepplin. Luckily I was able to get mine used for $500; I installed it myself. That fat passenger seat makes getting the seat screw reinstalled difficult.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:35 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I like you guys, I love my Road Zeppelin seat. I had mine for l 1/2 years and really like the ability of changing the air pressure while going down the road. No more sore butt between fuel stops.

I did have to send my in to have the front bladder replaced last year. I was lucky that I still had a couple of weeks left on the l year warranty.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Appreciate the posts, guys; but how about one from some of the passengers? How different is the pillion seat?

Old 02-15-2015, 05:13 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Oogie
Zepplin has air adjust feature for passenger also. The third button allows the passenger to adjust the amount of air in the seat to suit them

Old 02-15-2015, 05:19 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bronxbill
Oogie
Zepplin has air adjust feature for passenger also. The third button allows the passenger to adjust the amount of air in the seat to suit them
The new ones only have two buttons (I think this started in 09 with the tank size change ... but don't quote me on that), one for front and one for rear ... my 07 Ultra's had the three ... but you are correct ... the air thing works for the passenger too.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:46 PM
livin2ride2
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
The new ones only have two buttons (I think this started in 09 with the tank size change ... but don't quote me on that), one for front and one for rear ... my 07 Ultra's had the three ... but you are correct ... the air thing works for the passenger too.
Interesting....the one I have I bought for my 2012 Tri and is now on my 2015 has 3 switches, 2 for the rider and 1 for the passenger and it is supposed to be the new model RZ.

To touch on another question above, my Babe loves the RZ, we have about 20K on it and on trips I'll feel her reach down and hit the switch to change the air maybe twice a day and no complaints. As for me my butt like the seat with NO air in it. I think that comes from riding too many old farm tractors growing up .

Old 02-15-2015, 06:00 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

I wish mine had the three switches ... I liked being able to "tilt" my riding position by adding to either the front or back ... but I got this one for the size ... it helps keep my fanny in the seat in turns.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:59 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

My Zepplin is on a '13. I bet they went to 2 switches with the Rushmore introduction.

Last edited by bronxbill; 02-16-2015 at 08:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Quick Road Zeppelin First Impressions