Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Wind deflector for 2015 trike

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Graybeard1944
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind deflector for 2015 trike

Hi Guys and gals,
I am first time on the forum so I hope I follow protocol.
I had a 2013 trike and last oct. traded for a 2015 so I could get the radiator to alleviate the heat problem.
We love the trikes but I don't care for the excessive amount of air that comes between the front forks and rushes over the gas tank and hits me directly in the chest. This is uncomfortable since we ride in Ohio and in the early spring and late fall it gets pretty cool.
There is a steering damper mounted on the front forks that makes it difficult to mount a wind deflector anywhere in that area.
Last fall I read somewhere that someone had made a deflector that stopped a lot of air from coming over the tank, but I can't find it now.
If anyone has any idea of anyone that is making a deflector for the 2015 I would appreciate it if you could share that knowledge with me.

Thanks ,
Graybeard1944

Old 02-12-2015, 07:56 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lot of people are having good results with the tank lifts, blocks the air from coming over the tank.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Fuzzy said, contact DK Custom products, an advertiser here. Lots of good feedback on their stuff and Kevin is great about helping folks.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:57 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by Graybeard1944
Hi Guys and gals,
I am first time on the forum so I hope I follow protocol.
I had a 2013 trike and last oct. traded for a 2015 so I could get the radiator to alleviate the heat problem.
We love the trikes but I don't care for the excessive amount of air that comes between the front forks and rushes over the gas tank and hits me directly in the chest. This is uncomfortable since we ride in Ohio and in the early spring and late fall it gets pretty cool.
There is a steering damper mounted on the front forks that makes it difficult to mount a wind deflector anywhere in that area.
Last fall I read somewhere that someone had made a deflector that stopped a lot of air from coming over the tank, but I can't find it now.
If anyone has any idea of anyone that is making a deflector for the 2015 I would appreciate it if you could share that knowledge with me.

Thanks ,
Graybeard1944
I made my own air dam to go around & clear the steering damper. There are others here that took the Harley dam & just built an extension to put the air dam below the damper.
I also raised my tank 2" on the front & 1/2" in the rear, & I made a pair of the "fangs" that go beside the forks. Along with a re-curve shield from Long Ride Shields.
I have no air turbulence. Many have said they can do a lot with the "mail slot on the newer Trikes.
Take a look at the posts about windshields & tank lifts also.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:21 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think the Air Dam will work on the '14 & '15 Trikes as the lower Triple Tree looks to be different than previous years.

As others have stated, I installed the 1 1/2" Tank Lift w/Deluxe option from DK Parts. This along with a LRS windshield has solved the problem of excess wind around the face and head.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:17 AM
sprinkman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed air wings on the forks and a wind deflector under the handle bars works great. Bikes put away out at a friends or I would send pics. I think I got them from Dennis at http://www.tglidestuff.com/ but don't see them on his page anymore. You could call him.

Old 02-14-2015, 05:48 PM
livin2ride2
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that Dennis from tglidestuff got out of this line of products and turned it over to these people http://www.street-glide.com/index.html and so far I don't see anything available for the 2014/15 TriGlides. I too would like a set because I had them on my 2012 and they work great, especially in cold weather.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:49 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by livin2ride2
I think that Dennis from tglidestuff got out of this line of products and turned it over to these people http://www.street-glide.com/index.html and so far I don't see anything available for the 2014/15 TriGlides. I too would like a set because I had them on my 2012 and they work great, especially in cold weather.
Ditto ... I'm considering the tank lift for that reason alone.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:57 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put the fork mounted air deflectors on mine and get very little air hitting me , I smoke and can really tell how much air is coming at me .I used the HD ones that don't fit with the hard lowers , you have to drill a hole for your turn signal wires to go through them and maybe reshape them just a bit but work great

Old 02-15-2015, 01:43 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, Try the 1 1/2 " Tank Lifts from DK Custom, It worked for me ,

Quick Reply: Wind deflector for 2015 trike