Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Harley's new windshield mount mirrors review

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 04:13 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep ... They are really nice, but not for sirius users ... PM me if you're interested

Old 03-23-2015, 08:46 AM
sprinkman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just purchased one of this for my radio will let you know if it works is not here yet. 2 of SiriusXM FMDA25 Direct Adapter

Old 03-29-2015, 06:42 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Okay ... so today the gal pal and I took the Tri for a spin .... we stopped to eat lunch ... while eating, I was Grousing about these mirrors not working with the XM ... I explained that the hefty bar the mirrors mount to was blocking the antenna and there really wasn't any other place under the faring to put it ... she said, "why not just put the antenna on the dash like it was on the 11 Ultra?" .... DUH .. why didn't I think of that ... it's not elegant but it works really well ... gonna find some black double sticky tape, or trim the grey so it doesn't show. I get all three bars all over town now.

Guss that's why I keep her around .. to keep me in line (LOL ... as if that's even possible)

Attached Thumbnails Harley's new windshield mount mirrors review-sirius-antenna.jpg  
Old 03-29-2015, 11:24 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

When I open up the fairing I'm going to move mine. I have an extra XM antenna with a longer cord if I have to use it

Old 03-30-2015, 03:51 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Casper
When I open up the fairing I'm going to move mine. I have an extra XM antenna with a longer cord if I have to use it
I have an extra antenna too ... the connection on the one for the infotainment center seems different ... at least I couldn't get it to connect. I did do a ride 124 miles this morning and the reception was really good, three bars everywhere except when I went down a tree lined street, then I had two bars.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Good to know Fuzzy. I loose all reception when in tree lined areas. Short drop but a drop non the less. I may just move it to the inside fairing, outside the outer fairing...clear line of sight that way...if I have enough cable

Old 04-08-2015, 03:26 PM
CaCruizin
Tourer

A few questions for you....

The signal I get drops out quite frequently as I am riding along with no obstructions so did you lose Sirius reception when not obstructed and did it improve when you moved the receiver?

Did you have to extend the wire and did you drill a hole for it?

Old 04-08-2015, 03:46 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CaCruizin
A few questions for you....

The signal I get drops out quite frequently as I am riding along with no obstructions so did you lose Sirius reception when not obstructed and did it improve when you moved the receiver?

Did you have to extend the wire and did you drill a hole for it?
I didn't drill a hole ... I notched the inner faring just a tad with a triangle jewelers file ... just enough so the cable doesn't get pinched ... there was plenty of cable to get it to the top of the dash ... reception is great ... the radio shows 3 bars all the time ... even in tree lined areas ... I did loose reception today in debeque canyon going east .. I was in the right lane and 10 feet off the road is literally a 300 foot vertical wall of rock ... to the south .. it got spotty in there ... coming back in the west bond lanes reception was excellent ... I did the antenna move to the dash on my 11 Ultra too ... worked really well there too.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:37 PM
CaCruizin
Tourer

Thank you for the reply, I think I will go with your suggestion and move it because I'm fed up with constantly losing signal for a few seconds. It does it in our old Jeep as well but never the new car it came free with.

A bit of googling reveals a 'reset' might fix it too.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:42 PM
CaCruizin
Tourer

I bought the mirrors and fitted them and they are soooo much better than the originals.

Incidentally I have not experienced completely losing signal from the Sat radio and it does not seem to lose signal as much as it did before I fitted the mirrors!

Last edited by CaCruizin; 04-27-2015 at 10:45 PM.