Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Looking for 2015 Freewheeler Rider Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 08:05 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello, I have a thread started about converting my 2010 RK to a trike and i have been researching them pretty good...then i saw a freewheeler in the showroom... Are there any seats for taller riders and passenger backrests available for the freewheeler yet? The conversions i have been looking at have IRS. How do you guys like the solid axle set up? Thanks

Old 03-05-2015, 11:06 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

A sissy bar was available the moment the Freewheeler came out. Some dealers had them before they had the bike.

I'm 6'3" and part of my deal was for the dealer to swap out the stock seat with a Sundower seat and throw in the Sissy bar. Post #10 shows the bar without the back rest pad on it.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:58 AM
tmigala
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foundryratjim
Hello, I have a thread started about converting my 2010 RK to a trike and i have been researching them pretty good...then i saw a freewheeler in the showroom... Are there any seats for taller riders and passenger backrests available for the freewheeler yet? The conversions i have been looking at have IRS. How do you guys like the solid axle set up? Thanks
I've got over 90,000 miles under me on 2 HD trikes. About 35 of the lower 48 states covered. All kinds of roads. I am very happy with the straight axle, but I did change the shocks on both trikes to a non-air shock. Ted

Old 08-27-2015, 06:49 AM
edoswalt
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Freewheeler Rider Feedback

I Bought a 2010 StreetGlide Trike in 2010 and didn't ride it much as it was hard to steer and rode rough. I traded it on a new 2015 FreeWheeler and am MUCH happier. With the 19 inch front wheel, the steering is much easier. Ride is still a little rough on uneven roads but is excellent on freeways and smooth roads. Small issue trying to find neutral. I have the H/D Luggage for that model and we recently attended a HOG Rally and had sufficient storage.
I recommend this Trike. Still looking for aftermarket Mufflers as the stock ones look a little Oriental for my tastes. Cobra seems to be the only company making a muffler for this bike. Others will fit but stick out beyond stock. Had S/E Nightsticks on my 2010.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:22 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I now have 3500 miles on mine. I had my dealer install a tall boy seat before it left the dealer. I have installed the luggage rack and removable sissy bar. I had a set of fuel Moto 3 1/2 touring mufflers so I put them on just to see how they sounded. ...so good that I left them on. They stick out a bit but look ok. This winter I want to put on the chrome bumper and they will be flush with that. I added the fuel moto air cleaner and a power vision to make a good running engine better. I will decat the head pipe this winter. I also added a DK breather. This thing is a blast and people love it.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:59 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have lost half of my bicep on my left arm, shrapnel took out some bone in my left rib cage. I have to be careful pulling or pushing with the left arm because of pain.
Once I got accustomed to the fw it doesn't take much energy to drive. I use my right arm mostly but do use my left to help along. I am 5'7" @ 120lbs.
For me the fw is a little shorter than I had hoped for. mainly the seat then the passenger br sits a little to far forward for us. I will make one 6 inches taller and 3 inches backwards. This will give more room for the passenger.
Once you get the hang of it normal riding is a joy, riding hard through the curves is a bit much on my left arm but taking it like I should I have no problem riding all day.
Extending the foot controls is fairly easy to do on the fw. I have made a few brackets for taller riders and it isn't that hard.
I am using a 2012 reduced reach seat that come off my cvo street glide and it is a good fit for me plus I gained a inch for the passenger. It leaves a slight gap toward the rear of the seat but is easily taken care of. I got some foam and cut it to fit the gap, covered it with leather like material. I attached velcro to hold it in place. Looks almost like it came on it. Te reduced reach seat I used was the one with 1/2 ich down and 1/2 inch forward. Momma loves the seat.
Remember there is always a solution if you look out of the box.