Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Slip-ons for a 2012 Triglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Harleygirl81
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Slip-ons for a 2012 Triglide

I did look to see if there was another thread like this one but I could not find one. I am looking for suggestions for changing my exhaust to try to disperse some of the heat and maybe get a little more power. I do already have a FP3 fuelpack in hand hoping this will work. Any other suggestions for what type pipes will work on the Triglide?

Thanks!
Harleygirl

Old 03-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Kenita
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slipon for 2012 TG

Check the "stickies" at the beginning of this forum and you'll see Trike Modifications which will tell you all you want to know ( and maybe didn't want to}.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:56 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleygirl81
I did look to see if there was another thread like this one but I could not find one. I am looking for suggestions for changing my exhaust to try to disperse some of the heat and maybe get a little more power. I do already have a FP3 fuelpack in hand hoping this will work. Any other suggestions for what type pipes will work on the Triglide?

Thanks!
Harleygirl
Almost all of the mufflers for the Touring models will fit. There is one that is just for the Trike built by Vance & Hines. Basically just for ground clearance. Don't go over 4" exterior & put one of the lift kits on the Trike & it will keep you out of the scrape trouble.
If you change the header you can also use most all the ones for the touring models. But you will need to buy the extension adapter pipe to get the extra length on the right side to reach the muffler.
While the Fuelpack may work for some heat reduction, It isn't the best idea for the engine as far as a correct tune. The best way to do this is with a method to actually flash the ECM so it may correctly tune the engine & not just add more fuel overall. Some have good luck with the Fuelpack, I just don't feel it does the job I expect .

Old 03-18-2015, 12:53 AM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The heat in the headers is from exhaust gas which is about 1200* Changing the mufflers, removing the cat, or changing the headers won't make any difference in the 1200* A new exhaust system with a fuel pack of one kind or another MAY reduce the heat 100*. Moving the position of your foot / leg will make a much bigger difference. Harley Floorboard extensions are under $100. I put CFR 4" Megaphones on both my wife's 2014 Tri-Glide and my 2015 Freewheeler. They fit without any adapters or modifications. I put them on because they are LOUD. We don't have any clearance problems, we don't go up or down driveways at 90* Good Luck

Old 03-18-2015, 06:23 AM
NHBAGGER
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Just did this search myself. It all depends if you are looking for the best buy or money nor object. Many choices. I found a used set of stock mufflers with 2" Fullsac baffles installed for a very reasonable price. Reviews say a very good setup for the money.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Harleygirl81
Advanced

I have already done the lift kit, that was well worth the money. I feel like it really rides differently. I do not ride anyone on the back usually but I think the lift kit really helped it as far as the ride. Thanks everyone for the information!

Old 03-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Slip ons

I used to have Cobra Tri Ovals on my 2012 Tri, changed to HD SE Street Cannons. They're ok.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:19 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noble Jim
I used to have Cobra Tri Ovals on my 2012 Tri, changed to HD SE Street Cannons. They're ok.
I've heard they are great sounding ... how's the power?

Old 03-19-2015, 01:10 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

Fuzzy

I have the street cannons on my 2013 Tri. They sound good to me, not too loud. I couldn't tell any difference in the power by the seat of the pants method . Not sure if it would make a difference on your newer Tri

Old 03-19-2015, 08:03 PM
SanOnofreTriGlide
6th Gear

One factor to reduce the heat you experience from the exhaust is the cat. I removed mine and it was a big reduction of heat eminating up to my right leg.

Quick Reply: Slip-ons for a 2012 Triglide