Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Vivid Black Freewheeler

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 09:38 AM
tmigala
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red59
I was wondering about that, if they had that capability. Just might have to take a ride in there today and check to see if he's done that.

Thanks
Red
O they definitely have the ability. When I bought my 13 TRI I wanted an Anniversary model. They showed me everyone that was available in the whole country. And that they were willing to trade for it even up to 1500 mile away dealer. The only problem the dealer that has the trike has to be willing to give it up.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:51 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tmigala
O they definitely have the ability. When I bought my 13 TRI I wanted an Anniversary model. They showed me everyone that was available in the whole country. And that they were willing to trade for it even up to 1500 mile away dealer. The only problem the dealer that has the trike has to be willing to give it up.
Thats exactly correct.
When I bought the wifes '10 StreetGlide Trike I told the dealer what I wanted and he found an exact match to trade for. Took about 10 minutes to find and less than another hour to do the deal to trade.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:57 AM
05flhtbob
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10,652 Likes on 1,731 Posts

Originally Posted by icebite1
I think Gildners in West Branch has one.
Great mom and pop dealer!!

Old 03-24-2015, 01:48 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Call S&P Harley Davison Williamstown, Wv

Old 03-24-2015, 06:36 PM
FLRT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmigala
+1 to what Ted says. The other dealer has to be able to work out a deal that's agreeable to both parties. I had to wait two weeks for mine and it came from Joliet, Il. There were dealers that were a little closer, but none of them could come to terms with my dealer on an equitable trade.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:40 PM
FLRT
Advanced

I forgot to mention too that depending on the deal you got from your dealer, you may not be able to match that at another. The two other dealers I visited before buying mine wanted on average $1500.00 more than I was willing to give them.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Red59
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLRT
I forgot to mention too that depending on the deal you got from your dealer, you may not be able to match that at another. The two other dealers I visited before buying mine wanted on average $1500.00 more than I was willing to give them.
I hear that, when I first struck the deal with the dealer I'm going through it took me 4 hours of going back and forth to get what I thought was a reasonable price for my trade-in, I got them to come up 3 G's from their original offer.

Just received a call earlier this morning and they finally found me one and going in tomorrow morning to complete the deal. Only supposed to be in the mid 20's tomorrow when I ride in to the dealer, going to be a bit chilly but it'll be worth it.

Red

Old 03-27-2015, 04:02 PM
FLRT
Advanced

Originally Posted by Red59
I hear that, when I first struck the deal with the dealer I'm going through it took me 4 hours of going back and forth to get what I thought was a reasonable price for my trade-in, I got them to come up 3 G's from their original offer.

Just received a call earlier this morning and they finally found me one and going in tomorrow morning to complete the deal. Only supposed to be in the mid 20's tomorrow when I ride in to the dealer, going to be a bit chilly but it'll be worth it.

Red
Patience almost always pays off!

Congrats and have fun!

Old 03-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Red59
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well got it home, now the fun starts!! Come on warmer weather.....

Old 03-28-2015, 04:12 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Congrats on your new Harley. Looking forward to pics.

Quick Reply: Vivid Black Freewheeler