Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Too Young to Tri?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 03:53 PM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Never be ashamed or embarrassed by what you're riding. Just be happy that you still can be in the wind. Enjoy the ride and don't ever worry about what others think.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Got my first TRi when I was 46. It took a long time for momma to talk me into test riding one. Finally gave in and was sold within 5 minutes of riding it. One our second TRi now and absolutely love it! She is almost wanting to ride more than I am lol! Have been teaching her how to ride and she is been thinking of getting her own license.

Never..ever let anyone else dictate wether or not something is "cool" to do. I treasure my time with my bride and this lets us get some real quality time in with each other. Would not trade this for anything!

Rax

Old 03-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Earlham
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

57 here and last year picked up our first Tri and immediately feel in love with it. My Bride who can't seem to get the knack of even a moped was anxious to give it a try. Within a couple weeks she had her license. She can't believe how much safer it feels. Now she likes to take it to get groceries and short trips around town. Were going to stick with one Trike just because we enjoy riding together and shooting the breeze as we go. I must say its kinda of weird riding on the back the couple occasions I let her putt us around. That didn't last to very long, back up front for me!

Old 03-24-2015, 06:51 PM
RHD
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plumberdoug
I was 45 and in good physical condition when I traded up. At first it did bother me listening to riders in my group but now every trip we go on I end up taking extras for everyone . And now no one ever brings up not being cool. Hell I lead most of the time !!!
Love the reference of "Trading Up"

Old 03-24-2015, 06:53 PM
RHD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Earlham
57 here and last year picked up our first Tri and immediately feel in love with it. My Bride who can't seem to get the knack of even a moped was anxious to give it a try. Within a couple weeks she had her license. She can't believe how much safer it feels. Now she likes to take it to get groceries and short trips around town. Were going to stick with one Trike just because we enjoy riding together and shooting the breeze as we go. I must say its kinda of weird riding on the back the couple occasions I let her putt us around. That didn't last to very long, back up front for me!
Earlham,
Curious as you referenced taking back and forth. Via intercom or open air?

R

Old 03-24-2015, 06:57 PM
RHD
Intermediate

This has been such a confidence building thread. I think like many I had an image in my head from childhood that when I did get my Harley it would be me on the open roads. Obviously, that's a kid dreaming. Seeing all of you enjoying the time on the bike "with" your partners is really fantastic. Maybe I should rename the thread "Tri-Happy Marriages and Harley Riders" :-)

Old 03-24-2015, 06:58 PM
Teh4pwr
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me, it was low speed turns. I dropped my street glide on a sharp hair pin turn. the wife was never happy with 2 wheels after that.

The second weekend with my TG I wsa doing lock-to-lock figure 8's with her on the back and grinning the entire time.

You have to feel confident.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:19 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Go test ride

Test ride and you and your bride will not even look back remember trikes are the new cool everyone wants one. Some are afraid of what their buddies might think. More the miles more the smiles. My wife and I would not think of two (wheels)ever again. ride safely fearless

Old 03-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Earlham
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RHD
Earlham,
Curious as you referenced taking back and forth. Via intercom or open air?

R
Mainly open air, we tried the headsets but so far we just haven't gotten the hang of them. It seems like were constantly battle the wind noise so we just pulled them off. Once it gets warmer up here I will try and give them another shot. We mainly are riding the scenic back roads anyways so it pretty easy to talk back and forth unless she's telling me to slow down than it's selective hearing!

Old 03-24-2015, 08:17 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

work on them my bride and I talk all the time no interference just be careful unplugging your set and handing her your plug that gets a little dicey! ride safe fearless

Quick Reply: Too Young to Tri?