Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Too Young to Tri?

Old 03-25-2015, 11:35 PM
RHD
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
OK, I've owned 6 trikes' 4 Goldwings and 2 Harleys. I've also also owned over 40 motorcycles over my riding lifetime. Now some may thrown the BS flag but quite anew of them were owned and sold during the 2 year waiting time of new Harley's and used ones brought a premium, plus I worked part time at a HD dealership and had the inside track on a lot f scoots.
But anyway, I'm gonna tell the truth about trikes.
Will you miss two wheels, well if you've ridden for any amount to time on two wheels sure you'll miss it. I still do.
Will you get some ribbing about the trike? Yep, people gonna hate, people will be envious of the TG. These are the same people that make fun of other riders riding anything except a Harley...me I could care less what someone else rides or what brand they own, knees in the breeze is all that matters.
But, with all that being said the wife and I really enjoy the TG, she had some serious knee issues and makes impossible to get on and off our Ultra with me trying to balance the big bike while she tried...with the TG, no problems. I stand out of the way and she takes her sweet time getting on and off. Issues of gravel parking lots, wet pavement, U turns, slick spots, little rocks under my foot causing the leg to give way, etc.....gone!
So, bottom line....miss two wheels, yeah....is the TG better for us, sure is! The trade off is well worth it. I have my riding partner with me, more comfortable, more at ease traveling...better all around.

But you're the only one that can say its for me or not. I would sugest a demo ride at the dealership, not a ride around the block but a decent demo ride. Leave and think about it and make an informed decision...
Just read this out loud to "E" made us both smile.
R