Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Cfr exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 12:56 AM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond lil 2010
one thing i was wondering screwball is with them being 4.5 inches around.do they touch or blister the paint?

Haven't yet. ( I just went down to the garage and checked ) Remember, the rear mounting bar is on top of the muffler, just like the stock ones. The spacing between the muffler and the rear valance will be virtually the same.

Neither the Freewheeler or the Tri-Glide have lift kits and we haven't scraped a muffler yet. Trick is to NEVER go up or down at 90* Just the slightest angle will allow your mufflers to clear. Wife and I drove lowered cars for a very long time and got kind of used to that.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:49 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
I put bumpers on both bikes after an unfortunate accident with one of my friends. She was backing up to the curb (tall curb) and miscalculated the distance. Cracked the plastic on her trunk. Went out the next day and put bumpers on both of our Tri-Glides. First thing I bought for the Free was a bumper.
You are not alone on that one. My 09 Tri Glide had some paint damage from a parking lot in the Spring of '09. As soon as the bumper came out I had one put one. My FLRT didn't leave the dealer with out one. IMO it should be leaving the factory with one.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:58 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put bumpers on both bikes after an unfortunate accident with one of my friends. She was backing up to the curb (tall curb) and miscalculated the distance. Cracked the plastic on her trunk. Went out the next day and put bumpers on both of our Tri-Glides. First thing I bought for the Free was a bumper.

if you don't mind me asking what is the dia. of the bumper you have. rivco has one, but it's 1.5 dia thanks

Old 05-06-2015, 07:04 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yup, on both my Tri-Glide and Freewheeler. Actually I have CFR knock-offs. Sound great, run great. Just back from a 1400 mile run through Arizona.
How loud are they at highway speeds? Thanks

Old 05-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Diamond lil 2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just installed my cfr's this week end.at highway speeds around 75 to80 you better turn up your stero.the deep bass from these pipes will drown out you stero.other that that I love them..

Old 05-10-2015, 10:40 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Wife and I both wear ear buds under our helmets. I can listen to my off the wall music at levels that will make my eyes bleed and not bother a soul. Loud pipes are for cars to hear. I have taken the buds out, the CFR knock-offs I have give off a deep rumble. Cars can hear it

Old 05-11-2015, 08:00 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the info. No bike mounted stereo here . I will use ear buds if I need too. I just don't want to put mufflers on that have an annoying drone at highway speeds like I have heard on others.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Diamond lil 2010
Cruiser

Originally Posted by foundryratjim
Thanks for the info. No bike mounted stereo here . I will use ear buds if I need too. I just don't want to put mufflers on that have an annoying drone at highway speeds like I have heard on others.
They don't have a drone imo.i pulled out of the shop and wasn't even a mile later at a stop light.a guy on a fat boy said that those mufflers sounded really nice.theres no doubt the cfr's have a very distinct sound but you might want to try and hear a set before you buy them.i left the stock head pipe on.in fear they would be to loud.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:21 AM
arnie54
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

I bought the knock offs a little while back & did a very short ride, & they were to loud for me. After reading all the posts on these I thought I'd give them another try. I installed them & it didn't fire right up like usual. I rode it again & it just didn't have the take off as with my other mufflers. Bike just didn't run as good. They sound great at idle, but just to much for me at the higher speeds. I removed them & put my others back on & the trike runs good again. Anybody experience any performance loss with yours?

Old 05-12-2015, 06:33 AM
Diamond lil 2010
Cruiser

Originally Posted by arnie54
I bought the knock offs a little while back & did a very short ride, & they were to loud for me. After reading all the posts on these I thought I'd give them another try. I installed them & it didn't fire right up like usual. I rode it again & it just didn't have the take off as with my other mufflers. Bike just didn't run as good. They sound great at idle, but just to much for me at the higher speeds. I removed them & put my others back on & the trike runs good again. Anybody experience any performance loss with yours?
None at all I also installed stage 1 breather and a screaming eagle super tuner

Quick Reply: Cfr exhaust