Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Ultra exhaust fit on Tri Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:14 PM
MYKSHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ultra exhaust fit on Tri Glide?

I have a 2013 limited with V&H power dual headers and Kuryakyn Crusher Tridents. I also have Daymakers on all three front lights. Do you think these parts will go on a 2013 Tri-Glide? It looks like the same part numbers for the slip-ons. Will a Hammock from the Limited fit the Tri? I am considering going to a Tri but trying to see what will fit from my Limited. I still have all the stock parts and could put them back on the Limited.

Last edited by MYKSHD; 03-26-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:30 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably need the extension kit for the exhaust, check V&H web site for the kit ... the lights should fit ... the come standard on the 2015's

Old 03-26-2015, 10:44 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by MYKSHD
I have a 2013 limited with V&H power dual headers and Kuryakyn Crusher Tridents. I also have Daymakers on all three front lights. Do you think these parts will go on a 2013 Tri-Glide? It looks like the same part numbers for the slip-ons. Will a Hammock from the Limited fit the Tri? I am considering going to a Tri but trying to see what will fit from my Limited. I still have all the stock parts and could put them back on the Limited.
Headers will fit, slip-ons will fit, but you will need the exhaust extensions, as Fuzzy mentioned.

Here's a pic of them-

Daymakers will fit.

Pretty sure the Hammock will fit, though I've never tried that particular seat, every other HD seat from the Touring line I've tried fits the TG.

Happy Shopping!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-26-2015, 11:12 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Headers will fit, slip-ons will fit, but you will need the exhaust extensions, as Fuzzy mentioned.

Here's a pic of them-

Daymakers will fit.

Pretty sure the Hammock will fit, though I've never tried that particular seat, every other HD seat from the Touring line I've tried fits the TG.

Happy Shopping!
Yea ... I didn't see the hammock but it will fit ... it's one of the ones I tried (test rode) ... mine is a 15 but the seat is the same

Old 03-27-2015, 09:20 AM
MYKSHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am thinking of Three wheels. I have all the stock parts to put back on the 2013 Limited. I read a lot about heat and performance issues with the Tri. Will putting on my exhaust and Agitator intake help? Limited has 4000 miles on it and will be tough to let go but we will see.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:16 AM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MYKSHD
I am thinking of Three wheels. I have all the stock parts to put back on the 2013 Limited. I read a lot about heat and performance issues with the Tri. Will putting on my exhaust and Agitator intake help? Limited has 4000 miles on it and will be tough to let go but we will see.
There is a sticky in this forum that lists things to help remove the heat and jack up performance. The biggie is getting rid of the Cat and a good tune ... but if you've done all that to your limited, you probably have experienced that.

My 2015 has almost no heat by my feet ... I removed the cat and tuned it. Engine runs at about 195-200* by the dyno jet power vision gages. The hottest it's been here since I bought the tri was 74* ... and it stayed at around 195* (guessing this will go up when it's 90-100* here) ... I could put my hand down by the rear jug (spot where most heat is) and it was just warm at about 6" ... I'm hoping I don't need to get crazy with anything else ... water cooled heads should help keep exhaust temps down some so we'll see.

As for performance, I'm happy with the pop my tri has ... with cruise set at 80 mph on the highway, it will climb a 7* incline a mile long and speed doesn't drop below 79 mph. It's not a sports car or crotch rocket, it's a touring bike ... it'll keep up with the pack so I'm good. There's plenty of get up and go to zip around 18 wheelers on the highway, although with 3 wheels it's not as big an issue. I guess the big thing is what do you want the tri to do ... if getting the front wheel off the ground is your thing, you'll need to soup it up ... if comfy cruising is what you want, should be able to get that with the mods you've mentioned ... especially with a good tune.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

They weigh a couple of hundred pounds more than your Limited but the High Output engine makes up for that. Big thing is the aero penalty we pay for those big old fenders. She will cruise at 80-85 all day but she is a bit thirsty. You can stay in the twisties with the two wheelers pretty much and acceleration is pretty close. Getting on the interstate if the ramp is a tight curve, the two wheelers put a little distance on me but when I straighten out, I catch them no problem.

It is a sweet ride too