Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Stock suspension lift on 2015 TG's??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Mark (Rooster)
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock suspension lift on 2015 TG's??

I read on a posting somewhere that the 2015 TG's come with a stock suspension lift which gives you the same results as you would achieve installing an aftermarket lift for earlier years. (Comfort lift, etc.....)
Does anyone know if that is correct?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:07 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2015 ... butt dragged ... installed the dk comfort lift ... no drag

Old 04-24-2015, 05:49 PM
Mark (Rooster)
Intermediate

Ok, then it sounds like there's zero difference on that detail from the 2014s to 2015s.

Thanks!

Old 04-24-2015, 06:06 PM
livin2ride2
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark (Rooster)
I read on a posting somewhere that the 2015 TG's come with a stock suspension lift which gives you the same results as you would achieve installing an aftermarket lift for earlier years. (Comfort lift, etc.....)
Does anyone know if that is correct?
I don't know if HD did something different or not, but my 2015 does sit a bit higher than my 2012 did. I'll get flamed big for this, but I see no reason to have the lift. I added one the 2012 and my wife didn't like it because it made her slide forward on the seat so off it came. I put it back on and didn't tell her and she asked me on the next ride why I put the lift back on, so she could tell and off it came again. In about 20K miles of riding with the bike in the stock configuration I have possibly just touched my mufflers on something about 5-6 times by watching how I drive. So no lift for me for a lot of reasons and if you want the bike to handle better, put a rear 2 wheeler tire on the front the results are much better than the lift IMHO.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Mark (Rooster)
Intermediate

Originally Posted by livin2ride2
I don't know if HD did something different or not, but my 2015 does sit a bit higher than my 2012 did. I'll get flamed big for this, but I see no reason to have the lift. I added one the 2012 and my wife didn't like it because it made her slide forward on the seat so off it came. I put it back on and didn't tell her and she asked me on the next ride why I put the lift back on, so she could tell and off it came again. In about 20K miles of riding with the bike in the stock configuration I have possibly just touched my mufflers on something about 5-6 times by watching how I drive. So no lift for me for a lot of reasons and if you want the bike to handle better, put a rear 2 wheeler tire on the front the results are much better than the lift IMHO.

Well, I have to drive about 1 1/2 miles on gravel roads to get on pavement so the extra lift will be needed. Plus I have 600 feet of gravel driveway that would make it tough not to drag once in awhile.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:25 PM
livin2ride2
Advanced

Well, I have to drive about 1 1/2 miles on gravel roads to get on pavement so the extra lift will be needed. Plus I have 600 feet of gravel driveway that would make it tough not to drag once in awhile.
You have a valid reason to have a lift, I have the same type of driveway, but go out onto paved road. I've never drug on my driveway. There are likely more people who like the lift than there are who share my position. I have a real nice and hardly used Tglide Stuff lift you could buy for a reasonable price and that is the one I would use, if I were going to use one.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Mark (Rooster)
Intermediate

Hey Sam,

I'll certainly keep that in mind. I road tested the TG and will be renting one for a day really soon to see if my wife likes it as much as I do. If so, the writings on the wall. The lift will be needed.
Thanks for the offer, Mark

Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 PM
livin2ride2
Advanced

Hey Sam,

I'll certainly keep that in mind. I road tested the TG and will be renting one for a day really soon to see if my wife likes it as much as I do. If so, the writings on the wall. The lift will be needed.
Thanks for the offer, Mark
Just drop me a PM when you are ready for it.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:39 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a '12 Tri with the lift kit installed. When I purchased a '14 Tri I measured the clearance from ground to bottom of the trunk (between the mufflers) and the '14 measured about 3/8" more without the lift kit.

After scraping every time I came off my lift table I decided to install the lift kit. Did not have this problem since the install.

Also after the install of the kit I checked for differences between the '12 and '14 stock shock plates. There is no difference they are exactly the same.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:04 AM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To lift or not to lift

That is the question ... and it's a personal as boxers or briefs (pardon to the ladies)

I did the lift mainly cause I didn't like the "load in her shorts" look on the 15 Tri ... Dk's customer service gal called me the day after I ordered online and asked a lot of questions about my riding style and expectations about the lift ... she recommended the comfort lift, so I had her change the order ... Very professional and knowledgeable customer service.

I can't speak to the standard lift as I went with the comfort, but, I was pleasantly surprised at the more comfortable ride I got from the comfort lift as well as the more ascetically pleasing look of the trike ... took awhile to find the optimum to me rear wheel pressure and shock air pressure, but, once this was found, I love the lift. I "feel" like I get less right to left bouncing ... but it could just be me ... and I'm sure I get more absorption of the bumps by the shocks .. probably due to the slight angle change on the shocks.

A Big plus is the less bottoming out over speed bumps and driveways.

Quick Reply: Stock suspension lift on 2015 TG's??